Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

After upgrade Advanced Editor & /etc/exim.conf out of sync

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by jikeSpingleton, May 8, 2007.

1. jikeSpingleton

jikeSpingleton Registered

I just upgraded to 11.1.0 and now the exim.conf file shown in the WHM Exim Configuration Editor/Advanced Editor differs substantially from what I see in /etc/exim.conf. Some of the differences appear not in the editable portions of the Advanced editor, but in places that I cannot edit. For example, in the Main Configuration Settings section of the file, the WHM editor shows this line:

which no longer appears in my /etc/exim.conf file. It appears to have been replaced with this:
    which appears in /etc/exim.conf waaaay up the beginning where, in WHM, the first editable box appears.

So, my questions are these. Which version is correct and how do I get the two versions synchronized to the right one?

2. nickp666

nickp666 Well-Known Member

I found another occurance of this but with something different.

Basically what was happening was all mail from mailer-daemon@my.box.net and root@my.box.net was being rejected with:

sender verify defer for <root@my.box.net>: require_files: error for /root/.spamassassinenable: Permission denied

Turns out there were the exim checks for SA in the exim conf, sa_virtualuser directives, as we run mailscanner these are not used, yet seems to check them anyway, given the fact the config will be re-written on upgrade I figured it best to edit the config via WHM, however the lines in the config file didnt exist there (not even in the non-editable bit) so I needed to manually remove them to get things working again, however I am now concerned that they will re-appear when a newer exim RPM is available.

Any advice greatly welcomed!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...