Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

After upgrade to v11 WHM doesn't send e-mails on update...

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by dyelton, Jun 7, 2007.

1. dyelton

dyelton Active Member

With v10 I automatically got an e-mail when cPanel ran nightly updates for the RELEASE tree but after v11 installed I no longer receive an e-mail when cPanel runs nightly updates. I have checked to make sure e-mails are entered correctly for notification.

2. cPanelNick

cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Check the contact manager, you may need to adjust some settings.

3. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

I also had this problem. My fix was a box reboot. Give it a whirl also.

4. dyelton

dyelton Active Member

I already did that option as I did a kernel upgrade after the v10 -> v11 upgrade took place and of course rebooted the machine for that purpose. I have changed the e-mails to go to another account to see if that may be the problem but I will report back tomorrow if the problem still exists.

5. dyelton

dyelton Active Member

I switched e-mail addresses to one outside of the server and I now receive the cpanel update e-mail. I will assume that spamassassin 3.2 was causing the issue and deleting the e-mail. I wonder if 3.1.8 will cause the same issue?

6. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

One thing to check is the ACL section in the exim configuration editor and make sure that the section for:

require verify = recipient

comes before the section for:

require verify = sender

This appears to screw up sometimes on upgrading to v11 now that cPanel use the require statement. A clean exim.conf.local does put these the right way round, but an upgraded server can be incorrectly done, or missing the require statements that preceded the verify:
    http://www.configserver.com/blog/index.php?itemid=207

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. dyelton

dyelton Active Member

I checked the exim.conf and require verify = recipient comes BEFORE require verify = sender so that doesn't seem to be it.

8. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

On trick might be to use MAILTO in the root crontab:

crontab -e

at the top put:

MAILTO:you@yourdomain.com

Then exit. If that doesn't work, check /var/log/exim_mainlog when a root job from the crontab runs for errors. One trick is to put:

* * * * * date

as a job which will send a date+time email every minute while you're testing (don't forget to remove it)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. dyelton

dyelton Active Member

I get all e-mails from the system's cron with the exception of the cpanel update log. I have whitelisted my server in the spam filter for the receiving e-mail account so hopefully that will bypass the problem. Thanks for the assistance.

10. mtindor

mtindor Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Jonathan,

In my case I have a 'require verify = sender' and it comes first. And the recipient line does not contain 'require' - it is simply: verify = recipient.

Code:
      require verify = sender
      accept  domains = +local_domains
      endpass
                                                                                                                                       $
      #recipient verifications are required for all messages that are not sent to the local machine
      #this was done at multiple users requests

verify = recipient    
    In my case, what should I do?

- Mike

11. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

You should leave it as-is (or reset the exim configuration to defaults if you want to). That issue seems only relevant when the both verifications are prefixed with require.

12. dyelton

dyelton Active Member

It looks like the problem is back. I get all e-mails from the system except for the upcp e-mail. This is after I have explicitly white-listed anything from the server. Anything else I can check? This latest issue started happening when I upgraded spamassassin from 3.1.8 to 3.2.1 I believe.