After v90.0.15 update, PHP only spawns 2 processes & uses more CPU?

highpec7

Registered
Sep 13, 2020
Florida
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,

I am using WHM v90.0.15 (just updated). Apache 2.4.46, PHP 7.3.23 (FastCGI), MPM_Event.

After I updated to 90.0.15 and restarted my server, PHP is now only spawning 2 processes, instead of 3. Even when I run PHP/FCGI on my Windows PC, it spawns 3 processes, and it's always spawned 3 on my VPS.

PHP also seems to be using more CPU when loading websites (though this could be because it's only running 2 processes instead of 3).

What about this update could've affected PHP?

Edit: Just tried opening several websites on the server at once, to make PHP have to work harder... Apache/PHP will simply not spawn an additional process. Why was it always 3 processes before, but now only 2?

Last edited:

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
As far as I am aware there was no changes made to any of these items per the change logs and release notes. Any updates to PHP modules would be noted in the EasyApache Change Log here: EasyApache 4 Change Log 2020 | cPanel & WHM Documentation and the only thing that you've noted you're using that was updated was back on 10-7 with the update of scl-php73 to 7.3.23:
scl-php73
This sounds more configuration related than update related, but you may like to open a ticket to have this investigated further.