The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

after whm11 upgrade, cpbackup cannot create regular file /bandwidth/ no such file

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by boatdesign, Sep 15, 2007.

1. boatdesign

boatdesign Well-Known Member

After the upgrade from WHM 10.latest stable to WHM 11, I am now getting the following for every account and every time cpbackup runs on schedule:

2. bebop1065

bebop1065 Active Member

I have the same problem. I noticed that the 'bandwidth' dir didn't exist. I created that dir and I'll wait and see what the report says tomorrow.

The 'bandwidth' dir doesn't appear in the weekly or the monthly backup directories either.

#2 bebop1065, Sep 25, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2007
  3. boatdesign

It's been a month now (with cpanel stable on automatic update) and I'm still seeing
    Code:
    ...domain.com...cp: cannot create regular file `/backup/cpbackup/daily/account/bandwidth/domain.com': No such file or directory

for every domain on the server

(where domain and account have been generalized for this forum post from the actual domain names and accounts listed for each different domain on the server.)

I don't know that the bandwidth data is all that critical to backup, but it concerns me to have a glitch in the cpanel / whm backup script.

4. bebop1065

bebop1065 Active Member

Once I created the 'backup' directory and enabled backups from within WHM (I don't know how or why it was disabled during the upgrade to the new version) it successfully created the backups. All subsequent backups have been created properly.

5. boatdesign

I'm getting the "/bandwidth/username" and "/bandwidth/domain" don't exist for every account on the server (over 50) -- did you recreate these directories under each and every account? Or ???

6. bebop1065

bebop1065 Active Member

All I created was the 'backup' directory.