Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

AH00524: Handler for (null) returned invalid result code // change error log format

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by morrow95, Oct 10, 2015.

1. morrow95

morrow95 Well-Known Member

I am getting tons of these in my /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log all day long and every day :

[Sat Oct 10 15:58:44.537244 2015] [core:error] [pid 3532:tid 139956878046976] [client 111.111.111.111:49216] AH00524: Handler for (null) returned invalid result code 70007

I cannot for the life of me figure out what is causing this. Doing research I have found everything from it being related to file uploads to the client using a proxy on their side.

1 - Any ideas at all here?

2 - Is it possible to add the page/file/etc to the error log entries so I at least know where this is originating from?

Using mpm-event, suphp, suexec. Aside from this error happening all the time everything appears to be working fine, however, it would appear this error is causing a 500 internal which is definitely something I want to fix.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello :)

The 70007 is an APR error code which usually means there is a read timeout. The accessed scripts are timing out before the headers are returned. Basically, Apache expects a different error than what is returned (because of the timeout) - it's expecting a status code of 0 (or OK). This is typically due to a firewall or proxy misconfiguration. Some users have reported that switching to a different MPM addressed the issue.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...