The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Al email account disapear after restoring on > 1GB

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by marxiano533, May 6, 2012.

1. marxiano533

marxiano533 Member

Oct 17, 2006
    After restoring all the account of a server, the ones that the backup was of less than 1 GB works ok. It restore all the files and email accoiunt.
    But i have 2 account that has more than 1 GB and on both of them i have the same problem.
    The files get restored ok (on the mail directore of home are all the files of the email account) but they didnt work and they didnt get listed on teh "email account" section of the cpanel of these account.
    How can i solve this?
    Thanks in advance,

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

Oct 2, 2010
    somewhere over the rainbow
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Did your server possibly run out of disk space on the restore attempt? If you are low on disk space (especially in /home), this could happen for the restore process to not be properly completed.

Next, if you have all the emails showing but the email accounts aren't listed in cPanel > Emails Accounts area, then check /home/username/etc/ folder to see if the passwd and shadow files have the email accounts listed or not (where username is the cPanel username and is the domain name in the path noted).

If the email accounts do appear in /home/username/etc/ and shadow files, then it might be improper permissions / ownership. Please try running the following command:

/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/mailperm --verbose username
    Please replace username with the cPanel username in the above command.