The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alabanza Experience

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mgwilliams, Jul 1, 2003.

1. mgwilliams

mgwilliams Member

Has anyone here tried to terminate an Alabanza contract early? If so, what action, if any, did Alabanza take?

I want to switch to a cPanel solution, but my Alabanza contract recently auto-renewed for another one year term.

Thanks.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

Drive to Baltimore .. go inside ... the office not the NOC. Tell Sue or whoever else runs billing now that you are jumping over that little counter if she doesn't give your money back and a charge back is coming. When you get out of jail .. tell them you are going public with your story and they will straighten the whole thing out.

These are the steps . .you may want to skip a few of them but it worked for someone I know pretty well .. hint hint.

3. mgwilliams

mgwilliams Member

Thanks. They don't actually have my money, as I pay on a monthly basis. There's just that little clause in the contract that it automatically renews every year and can only be cancelled at the end of the term.

I wouldn't expect them to take legal action for a matter of $2K, but you never know.

4. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

Pay by check.. when this person I know very well was done hauling but out of there he left $2,500 bill with them. They don't care about contracts ..they use a collections firm from CA. .. 6 months from now some guy named Larry will call you and threaten to take you to court. Tell him .."OK ..let's let the judge decide ..that would be best." Hang up on him a few times. A few weeks later he will call and say "oh yes my client will take you to court". Tell him good ... that's "what you want" ..since Alabanza is a stinkin' mess Larry will start to wonder how good you case is. Don't give him reasons . .say he will find out in court and hang up. After about 3 weeks of this he will offer to go with $850 ..becuase their commission at $850 is 20% not 10% below $850 collection. Go with $850 and make him happy. Their web site (the collection agency) has it listed on their site.

A little bird told me all this :)

5. mgwilliams

mgwilliams Member

Thanks. Do you know of anyone who has experience (good or bad) with FastServers.net?

6. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

another little bird told me that no matter what GET teh hell out of there BEFORE you even ask one single question about billing or contracts. 2 years ago when they fired 95% of their work force and tripple their prices on existing clients they started loosing clients like crazy ..still are ..lately they have been desperate. You know about Jumpline?? Jumpline was current and had 20% of their sites moved out to their own datacenter and boom out of the blue Alaban** pulls the whole plug!!! Ask them .. get out FIRST!!! then burn bridges ..cause if you don't they will burn them. .. a little bird told me this too. Either be happy there and stay for good until you die ..or don't go at all. It's kinda like an abusive relationship.

NOTE: the opinions above are just that opinions. Opinions based on little "birds" that told me. I am sure that this Alaba*** company has people that feel nothing but good things about tham also.

7. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

Personally I have heard they are doing pretty good:) do a search here and you may find more.

8. v-rod

v-rod Well-Known Member

They went after us like flies on sh*t when we cancled early. We paid so that we would never hear from them again. I really hope those people get what's coming to them!

9. mspottedhorse

mspottedhorse Member

At the time, I had some sites with Jumpline and remember that experience all too well....I would get away and stay away. Whats funny is I received a SPAM from them just the other day asking if I would be interested in their services....

10. MySundown

MySundown Well-Known Member

Before I was in the biz, I used a hosting company (to be left nameless) that used them, and they were pretty fast. The server had something like 90 days of uptime, no packet loss, it was great. The only problem was that if the server went down, they were very slow at getting it back up. 12 hours for a reboot wasn't uncommon. But this was about 9 months ago, so they may have gotten better since then.

Also, their prices are very high in comparison to other companies. Try going with DedicatedNow or RackShack, both have incredible support. Both are unmanaged hosting, but DN goes above and beyond what an unmanged company usually does. They'll fix most problems with your server (the apache binaries on my server became corrupt and I was unable to fix them, they replied immediately to my email and fixed it within an hour - for free, before their offices were even open!). The only thing RS will do is an OS reinstall and they charge you for every little thing. But, if you have your heart set on FastServers, go for it. I've also heard good things about HostAny too. They have servers starting at around $100 per month with no setup fee (well, they have a setup fee, but they constantly run a sale for no setup fees). Their servers are monsters too, the specs are great!

Good luck with whoever you choose as your datacenter :)

11. Website Rob

Website Rob Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I can give a good recommendation for them.

I have found their Network is very good, either partly or mostly because they use HE -- which 'is' a very good NOC. No horror stories to report on Tech Support, but sometimes I've had to correct them -- or point out their mistakes -- as they have given me incorrect answers when they don't know what the problem is. Had a problem today actually that they fixed about 15 minutes after submitting a Ticket, which was nice. The 800 number is a plus as well, always good to be able to pick up the phone and talk to someone when the need arises.

12. nitromax

nitromax Well-Known Member

When we left Alabanza they bent over backwards to work with us and be nice about it. Not sure why, but they did. But that was about 18 months ago.