The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alias not working

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by asmithjr, Sep 10, 2016.

1. asmithjr

asmithjr Well-Known Member

I am moving servers and my new server has apache4 working once I completed the setup in WHM. I am ok with keeping apache4 if I can work this out.
    I put Alias /mlist1 /home/www/mlist1/ in the Pre VirtualHost Include as I have it on my old server. I see it in the /etc/apache2/conf.d/includes/pre_virtualhost_global.conf.

When I visit a working site and add /mlist1 to the end of the URL as I do on the working server I get the message "Not supported". Currently my index.php has only echo "Hi Al" in it so I expect that to echo on the screen.

I am not finding anything guiding me to the issue. This /mlist is important because it is the application to most of my users and it works and has been working for years in the older version.
    Thanks

2. asmithjr

I read where I need to reconfigure apache4 and choose All PHP Options + OpCache to have suphp so I did.
    I then issued /usr/local/cpanel/bin/rebuild_phpconf --default=ea-php55 --ea-php55=suphp
    Now I get the website 404 page instead of the alias. Maybe a little closer.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

To update, per the support ticket opened, it looks like this was the result of "mysql_connect" usage in your PHP application. Could you verify if you continue to experience any additional issues?

Thank you.

4. asmithjr

No this issue as the suphp.conf file needed tweaking.
    The issue with the application was mysql but did not keep the page from showing up.

cPanelMichael likes this.