The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All accounts gone from WHM although still on server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bluerocker, Nov 7, 2012.

1. bluerocker

bluerocker Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I was just automatically upgraded to WHM 11.34.0 and Im not sure what happened but overnight, all of the sites on my server went down and I could not log in to my WHM. After doing a power cycle, I was able to get in and the sites came up.

I talked to the support team that handles my server and they said it was because I reached my server file limit. I removed a few files and got it below the limit. The problem is, all of my accounts in Account Information -> List Accounts are gone. I had about 50 accounts. I can go to Account Functions - Show Active Accounts and see them there but thats it.

Now I can log into each of these accounts websites and cPanels but no one seems to be able to access their email or webmail.

My questions are:
    1. What would cause this?
    2. How can I restore them? Do I need to set them all up again?

I tried setting up an account using the same login and password but it said that that account was already in use.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    - Keith

2. bluerocker

bluerocker Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    All accounts missing from WHM

I was just automatically upgraded to WHM 11.34.0 about a week or so ago and Im not sure what happened but last night, all of the sites on my server went down and I could not log in to my WHM. After doing a power cycle, I was able to get in and the sites came up.

I talked to the support team that handles my server and they said it was because I reached my server file limit. I removed a few files and got it below the limit. The problem is, all of my accounts in Account Information -> List Accounts are gone. I had about 50 accounts. I can go to Account Functions - Show Active Accounts and see them there but thats it.

Now I can log into each of these accounts websites and cPanels but no one seems to be able to access their email or webmail.

My questions are:
    1. What would cause this?
    2. Why would the sites come back up but the email stop working for all clients?
    3. How can I restore the sites back into my account list? Do I need to set them all up again?

I did try setting up an account using the same login and password but it said that that account was already in use.
    I then removed the site from the DNS Zone and tried to create a new site and got this error message:

Account Creation Status: failed
    Sorry, that domain is already setup (remove it from httpd.conf)

How do I remove the httpd.conf?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    - Keith

3. vanessa

vanessa Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    If your accounts are still on the server and just not showing up in whm, it could just be that cpanel can't find them. My guess is that the cPanel update occurred when the file limit was reached, and therefore didn't complete properly. The first thing I'd try is an upcp --force.

4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The actual command is:

Code:
    /scripts/upcp --force
    If that doesn't work, please check the error logs when trying to see the accounts in WHM > List Accounts area:

Code:
    tail -fn0 /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log
    Please post any error message you happen to see there.

Thanks!