The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOLVED All accounts redirects to "default" page.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fokakmeny, Jul 22, 2017.

1. fokakmeny

fokakmeny Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello there;
    I have my server using cPanel for long time. At first, I have only 1 account and I found that it used the server IP as dedicated IP and the server already has 1 IP.
    I added the new accounts and pointed the domains to my server, but then I found all of them redirecting to "default" page.
    I searched the forum and I found some information that if I use the server only IP as dedicated IP for an account, then the other websites won't work.
    I tried almost all tutorials to change remove that IP from being dedicated to the first account and allow access to it from all accounts. But I couldn't do it. Only 1 site works and the other 17 still not working.
    I tried "Upgrading cPanel", "rebuilding httpd.conf", "upgrading Apache using EasyApache 3", "Cleaning DNS", "Resetting DNS", "Changing Sites IP", "Resetting services (Apache and DNS)", "Rebooting both PC and ADSL modem", "Clearing PC DNS Cache", "Clearing Browser Cache" and still I don't get any luck.
    I hope Someone can guide me to a solution.
    Best Regards

2. fokakmeny

fokakmeny Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have received this reply from support and the issue is fixed now.

"I have corrected the issue with your sites going to the default page. For some reason, many of the domains were pointing to the external IP address of the server in the Apache configuration file:

[WARN] * Apache: httpd.conf has VirtualHosts for these IP addrs, which aren't bound to the server:
    \_ x.x.x.x

This is usually the result when the external IP is added to the server, which causes issues with the 1:1 NAT environment. In a 1:1 NAT environment, the public IP should never be added to the server and only the internal IP should be found on the interface cards.

To correct the issue, I created a dummy IP (192.168.1.55) and then moved all of the sites that were bound to the public IP to this dummy IP. I then removed the dummy IP and then moved all the sites back to the shared 1:1 NAT IP. Now your sites are not being redirected to the default page and none of them are on the public IP. You may need to clear your browser's cache and restart your browser in order to not have the redirect displayed on your end."

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I''m happy to see the issue is now solved. Thank you for updating us with the outcome.