Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

All connections to Mailservers port 25 have failed error

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by SamL, Aug 15, 2018.

1. SamL

SamL Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi

On Friday I migrated a website from my old server to new server, it took about 2 days for the name servers to update. The website was still being loaded from my old server until Sunday.

Everything looked like it was working as expected but then I realized my email client wasn't receiving emails. I checked Webmail through cPanel and was able to log in and access, send and receive emails through Webmail but both my email clients, Outlook and Applemail could not sync with the server. I set it up the exact way I did for the previous domain on the same server and those emails were connecting ok.

I waited to see if it just needed time to update but still nothing nothing happened. Then on Monday I checked my DNS records which all looked normal to me and clicked save.

For some reason my email client synced with Webmail for a short while. Soon after it stopped syncing and then my whole website stopped working.

I tried looking up my DNS from different DNS checking services, some say that all records point to the expected IP. Others give a warning and say my IP is 127.0.0.1, then there was a few which had a completely different IP. I'm not sure if because I clicked save on my DNS they got resubmitted and now I have to wait for them to propagate again but its been almost 2 days and sometimes my website loads sometimes it says can't be found. Also, I still cant sync Webmail with my clients.

What is causing this problem?

Please help if you can. Thanks

When I look up my domain on dnsstuff.com it says - The NS Records provided are (nameserver | IP Address | TTL), Which all looks correct.
    But, under mail there is a message saying. All connections to Mailservers port 25 have failed. The standard port for SMTP transactions is 25, so your servers should be operating on that port. It is recommended that it be fixed in order for your mail service to operate properly. The Mail Servers that failed are:

{my ip} | failed message send with: messaging failure: Time out occurred or Remote server closed connection prematurely

I don't see any other errors or any other reason why my domain no longer works.

#1 SamL, Aug 15, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2018
  2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @SamL

Are you aware if your provider has port 25 blocked? You can try and bypass this by allowing exim to listen on port 26. To implement this go to WHM>>Service Configuration>>Service Manager -> Exim Mail Server (on another port) click the checkboxes to enable then save.

Once completed please let us know if you continue to see the issue.

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...