Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

All cPanel Accounts Suddenly Using More Storage

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Timeless87, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Timeless87

Timeless87 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I keep an eye on account storage in WHM and in the last 5-7 days I've noticed that all accounts shot up 2-to-3 times what they were before. Is there a logical explanation for this? The only thing I've really done is transfer a cPanel account to another server and terminate it. I did so by creating an account backup and uploading on the destination server. Do you think I somehow changed backup settings? Is there a simple explanation?

2. GOT

GOT Get Proactive! PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    It would be impossible for us to tell if this is accurate or not, but hwat you can do is go to shell as root on your server and go to the home directory for one of thte accounts and run

du -h --max=1

This will tell you the total space each folder in the account is using. This does not include MySQL usage though, so it should be close but a little under what whm reports as disk usage.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    cPanelLauren likes this.
  3. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    To add to @GOT 's response -if the result of running the suggested command is not the same (or just under) as what's reported in WHM I'd suggest also running fixquotas to ensure there aren't any issues with the filesystem quotas.

Code:
    /scripts/fixquotas

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...