The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All deliveries are handled by MailScanner

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by bking, Nov 10, 2004.

1. bking

bking Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I had a problem a while ago with the error
    "All deliveries are handled by MailScanner" appearing in the logs.

This was fixed by changing /etc/init.d/exim and changing the last two lines in the first instance for startup... remove the trailing '\' from the first and comment '#' the second line

TMPDIR=/tmp daemon /usr/sbin/exim $([ "$DAEMON" = yes ] && echo -bd )
    # $([ -n "$QUEUE" ] && echo -q$QUEUE)

I am now seeing a similar error. mail is being delayed and the reason is

"All deliveries are handled by MailScanner"

I had a feeling the latest update changed the init file again so I had a look. It had changed. But this time the format is a little different also. They still have those two lines and I can remove the trailing slash and comment the second line, but when I restart exim i get an error...something about it not meant to be used on a command line. The mailserver still seems to work however.

Is anyone able to advise if it is safe to keep those modifications and disrgard the error (maybe it is only a wearning?) or is there another way to avoide these errors:
    "All deliveries are handled by MailScanner"

Thanks

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

You're doing the right thing. That first line with /tmp in it should read:

Code:
                    echo -n "Starting exim: "
                    TMPDIR=/tmp $DAEMONIZE /usr/sbin/exim $([ "$DAEMON" = yes ] && echo -bd)
    #                                         $([ -n "$QUEUE" ] && echo -q$QUEUE)
                    echo $RESULT

I've included the line before and after. This is post-edit. You cannot really stop this from being updated by cPanel, just be aware and check it every so often.

3. bking

bking Well-Known Member

Thanks Chirpy (once again :) )
    I think I know what I did wrong. With the new installation, I went in and edited, but I edited the section for exim_outgoing hence the errors I was seeing...

Went back in and had a closer look after your reply, and found the right lines about 4 lines up.... The Optometrist said I needed glasses..I told him I didnt. Guess he knew better :)

Thanks

4. eisman

eisman Member

What about freebsd? I am getting this same behavior, but the config files are different on my system. Any idea which I would edit on BSD?