The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All Email are sent twice! (Need help!)

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Linkupdated, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Linkupdated

Linkupdated Registered

Feb 20, 2011
    Hi guys, i really need help for that one,
    recently i made change in two place for my server and now i got this problem where everytime i send an email from the php function mail(); the email is sent twice. I really don't know why since before these two changes there was no problem like this so here is the change i made :

First i have two domain on two different account, witch have both i recently added an spf record for the second domain.

In the same time, i accidently changed tweak settings in whm, by mistake. What i wanted to do is only increase the number for the option Extra cpu load, for that i dont receive email about that. But i change this option in the all tabs and then click the save button at the bottom. Many settings changed... I don't know why and i don't really know witch, i foud that one of them was always redirection me to ssl and i dont have ssl... i changed that back. But i don't know for sure if that the cause of my problem :(.

I really have some problems setting up an email that do not go to spam in hotmail...
    I hope to find a solution soon.

Thank a lot for thoses helping me out.
    #1 Linkupdated, Feb 20, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

Oct 2, 2010
    somewhere over the rainbow
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator

Could you check the /var/log/exim_mainlog for one of the emails and provide the output?

exigrep /var/log/exim_mainlog
    Above please replace emailrecipient with the recipient that is getting the two emails, and please replace with the domain for the email recipient. By running this command, we can see what the logs show about the email (if it shows a duplication for some reason).

The only reasons I could think an email might be sent twice would be either a) a filter or forward setup that is causing it, b) something in the script itself that is doing it.