All send mail go to spam and SPF and DKIM are Pass

wonder_wonder

Jan 16, 2019
Spain
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello.
It is the first time that I create an account like this and I don't know where the problem may be. I always use a single server for each account, in this case, in a VPS I have created an account and it is the one I am having problems with.

VPS with primary domain (maindomain.com) with hostname: server.maindomain.com
Everything fine, everything works perfect.
I go to my domain registrar where I acquire a new domain, newdomain.com
I create the dns in the domain registrar:
ns1.newdomain.com and ns2.newdomain.com which resolve to the ip of server.maindomain.com
I create the new account newdomain.com at server.maindomain.com
In the dns zone WHM (of newdomain.com) change ns1.maindomain.com for ns1.newdomain.com (and ns2). I view that, in cPanel automatic appears before this change, ns1 and ns2 of newdomain.com.
I check DKIM and SPF records, make the necessary adjustments.
Installed certified using AutoSSL.
I create newdomain.com email account
All the mailings I send from newdomain.com, whatever the destination address (gmail, own domains ... etc ...) goes to the spam folder.
Obviously the body of the sent message refers to server.maindomain.com but indicates SPF and DKIM pass.

This, of course, is a great inconvenience for this account, since all email generated, the recipients, most of the time do not see it because they do not look and it ends up in the spam folder.

Is there something that escapes me, that I am missing or that I did wrong?

Thanks in advance.

wonder_wonder

Jan 16, 2019
Spain
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Thanks for your reply @cPanelLauren ,
In my server, (my VPS) if I go to Email -> Email Deliverability I have a valid PTR. This VPS contain my maindomain.com (with hostname server.maindomain.com) and this newdomain.com (also have hostname server.maindomain.com).
But like indicate, under WHM -> Email Deliverabilityappears a valid PTR and in cPanel of newdomain.com also, appears valid PTR.
Indicate that, the email send of maindomain.com works fine, any problem. Only its with newdomain.com
Maindomain.com and newdomain.com are hosted in the same VPS with hostname: server.maindomain.com

Thank you very much!

Edit: Add info, since create this thread, I was create a _dmarc record in dns zone.
I view now, mails sends to own domain, arrives well, mails sends to gmail are go to spam.
The ip of server isn't in blacklist or any similar, is a clean server/VPS.
But like indicate, now, its possible semi solved- own domains received well (not marked like spam) gmail yes, to spam folder.

Last edited:

wonder_wonder

Jan 16, 2019
Spain
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
If you look at the header for the email in Gmail does it give you an indication of why it was placed in spam?
Any, I view and search in the header for the mail, and not view any indication of why it was placed in spam, like indicate in first post, DKIM and SPF appears with "Pass" in the header of mail in gmail. With this, its like for gmail its good this email but go to spam folder.
I try to send to differents gmail accounts, always go to spam folder.

It's possible it's not failing any of the checks but Gmail has deemed the domain name to be like "spam" from other sources.
I think is this, its possible it's not faling any of the checks but Gmail has deemed the domain name to be like"spam". Is a new domain, contains letters and numbers, I think this is the cause, for me, is the only possible cause, I don't view any other problem...

Like always, thank you @cPanelLauren and I'm wait all are ok in this moment for you and for all (this complicated global moment).

Last edited:

cPanelLauren

Forums Analyst II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hi @wonder_wonder

First - We in Houston, Texas are doing ok, so far. We were just officially ordered to stay home today but most of us a cPanel have already been working from home for some time (2.5 weeks for me). Hopefully, this will get better soon. I hope you all are doing well where you are too.

For Gmail flagging you as spam, it sounds like that's most likely the culprit. There's some information in this article here: Mail getting flagged as SPAM without reason or Solution??? - Gmail Community it's not all relevant to your situation but some of it may be helpful.

Reactions: wonder_wonder

wonder_wonder

Jan 16, 2019
Spain
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi @cPanelLauren

Hi @wonder_wonder

First - We in Houston, Texas are doing ok, so far. We were just officially ordered to stay home today but most of us a cPanel have already been working from home for some time (2.5 weeks for me). Hopefully, this will get better soon. I hope you all are doing well where you are too.
Good this :) I'm glad you're ok. Right now, I think it is best to work from home, if there is that possibility.
I am in Spain, the situation here is somewhat complicated, we are in confinement at home, however, in the area where I am, the situation is quite controlled. Mine and I are fine, thanks! I hope everything continues well there. We are informing ourselves around here, because I think this is going to lengthen a little. I hope you continue well, surely you will!

For Gmail flagging you as spam, it sounds like that's most likely the culprit. There's some information in this article here: Mail getting flagged as SPAM without reason or Solution??? - Gmail Community it's not all relevant to your situation but some of it may be helpful.
I think definitely, the "problem" or whatever, is from gmail, perhaps the domain format or some other reason.
I have performed a test on: https://dkimvalidator.com/
And the results could not be better:
Code:
SpamAssassin Score: -0.1
Message is NOT marked as spam
So on the server side or any settings related to it, I discard it.
I will follow the link that you indicate and see if I can solve something out there.

As always, thank you very much and we continue to see each other!

Reactions: cPanelLauren