SOLVED All sites down since IP address change

dagwood777

Registered
Dec 24, 2021
Reno
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I'm running cpanel on an AWS ec2 platform. Server is assigned an "internal" address and a public address. I had migrated nearly 200 sites from an old cpanel server to the new one and discovered that the public IP address that I had been assigned was on a blacklist by AT&T and Microsoft (but no blacklistings show up in mxtoolbox.com). After trying to get delisted (no spamming is detected on our system), I opted to just have AWS give me a new IP address. Since then, it's been a nightmare. I updated DNS for all of the domains and changed every occurrence I can find in the system. However, sites are acting goofy or not coming up at all. For instance, I get the cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi which implies I have to wait for DNS propagation. The TTL is 900 (was 14400) and that time has long passed. In some cases (trying https://xxxxx) I get an invalid cert alert. When I look at the cert, it shows a cert for another domain on the server. Why? I've run the autossl on all accounts. Doesn't fix anything. I noticed a cprapid SSL has a "hostname" that contains the old IP address, but I can't figure out how to change it to use the current one. And I'm not even sure that's the issue. Anyway, I have a LOT of websites that are down right now and don't know what I'm doing wrong or what I'm missing. Thanks for listening and I hope someone has an answer for me. Happy to provide any additional info.

dagwood777

Registered
Dec 24, 2021
Reno
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi. Turns out that AWS uses 1:1 NAT and I was trying to force our public IP into places that should have been the private IP. Amazon support helped with this and all is well (except dealing with AT&T and Microsoft re: blacklisting - in progress). Thanks for the assist!

Reactions: cPanelAnthony