The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All stats stopped running

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by riffer, Apr 23, 2006.

1. riffer

riffer Member

I've spent the last three days searching and reading the forums and haven't found the exact symptoms nor a solution to this problem.

This applies to analaog, awstats and webalizer - I've never had a problem with this before.

I've been running WHM/cPanel for over a year on this server and over 3 years on another, on the server below, I am the only one who has access and there are no reseller accounts on the box - just me and 10 of my domains.

WHM 10.8.0 cPanel 10.8.1-S114 RedHat 9 i686 - WHM X v3.1.0

On April 12 I upgraded to PHP 4.4.2 (using easyapache) and three days ago I found that none of my stats had run since then. And that was also the last entry in /usr/local/cpanel/logs/stats_log as well. My settings are all still correct through the WHM stats setup (although, when I first looked at the stats status, they all showed the last stats run was unix epoch time!)

I can run /scripts/runstatsonce and all runs well (watching via tail- f and no failures, etc.), but as far as I can tell, cpanellogd doesn't run anymore even though I get normal notices from upcp every night. I see nothing in the error logs, messages logs or any other log I've looked at.

The only *solution* I found from my searching the forums (that wasn't already in place) was a fix for this by upgrading to Perl 5.8.7, and although I was dubious that this would work since I had 5.8.4, I tired that, too, to no avail.

I can setup a cron that will run /scripts/runstatsonce, but that hardly seems like a solution.

Any help would be appreciated...

2. chillitech

chillitech Registered

3. riffer

riffer Member

I had seen that post - but my cron daemon is running fine, upcp, backup and several other cron jobs are running fine...

I've definitely spent lotsa time searching the forums here for a solution, or at least an idea of what to look for...

It's not processor overload, it's not stats misconfiguration, it's not crond, it's not my version of Perl and I don't see where anyone else has experienced the exact same thing (well, I did see one from several moths ago that was pretty similar, but they were running Perl 5.6.0 and the upgrade to 5.8.7 fixed the problem).

And it appears that this is a pretty common thing, judging by the number of posts about it and not a very easy-to-fix thing judging by the lack of CP staff responses (dont' recall seeing any...).

This is absolutely related to my upgrade to PHP - but, why? I've got the latest stable release of cPanel, I've upgraded PHP, etc, many, many times without issues.

I can fire off cpanellogd or runstatsonce without issue - the only thing I can figure is that, for some reason, upcp isn't causing cpanellogd to run anymore - but I can figure out exactly *how* upcp is *supposed* to cause cpanellogd to run...

Anyway, thanks for your time :)

4. riffer

riffer Member