Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All websites down, cannot access WHM

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jan-Paul Kleijn, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Jan-Paul Kleijn

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    As from 15 minutes ago I am a bit freaked out. All websites on my VPS are down, the VPS is up and running and I cannot login to WHM because it's down.

I did not even change anything, just suddenly out of the blue. I was browsing through WHM an hour ago with no problems.

Yesterday I installed KernelCare with a regular Kernel of my CentOS 6.9 VPS. That's it.

2. Jan-Paul Kleijn

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Just my luck. CSF added my ip to csf.deny, I don't know why as of yet. I did not log in wrongly 5 times. But that's what the log says. Has anybody got an idea how to trace this problem?

3. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    You could take a look here for clues:
    WebHost Manager »Plugins »ConfigServer Security & Firewall > Firewall Deny IPs

Search for your IP in that log, edit it out, save and restart firewall.

While you're there, visit here:
    WebHost Manager »Plugins »ConfigServer Security & Firewall > csf.ignore - IP Blocking, Edit lfd ignore file

Add your IP here if you wish.

You could also visit here:
    WebHost Manager »Security Center »cPHulk Brute Force Protection, click the Whitelist Management tab at top. When you do a popup comes up on right with your IP showing and a link to "Add to Whitelist" for cPHulk.

Assuming your IP does not change often, those steps will keep you safe from blocks.

BTW, if you get blocked like this, and you have a mobile device, disable wifi on it and you should be able to connect to WebHost Manager that way, different IP of course. Then you could unblock yourself if this happens again to you.

4. postcd

postcd Well-Known Member

cat /var/log/lfd.log|grep "youriphere"
    Then if you do not know CSF well, search the phrase/s grepped out of lfd.log in /etc/csf/readme.txt
    Then you can tweak appropriate variable in /etc/csf/csf.conf and restart csf by "csf -r"