Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

allow anonymous ftp for a account

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by torwill, Aug 30, 2004.

1. torwill

torwill Well-Known Member

Hello,

I have disabled anonymous FTP in WHM -> Service Configuration -> FTP Configuration -> "Anonymous Ftp is currently: disabled"

I have a client who would like to use anonymous FTP. How do I enable the client to have anonymous FTP while all other accounts and server have anonymous FTP disabled?

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. 1970Novacaine

1970Novacaine Member

Hope this helps:

Log into the customer's control panel. Under the FTP module select "Anonymous Setup" then choose "Allow anonymous access to ftp://ftp.theirdomain.com" also if interested you can also allow anonymous uploads by checking "Allow anonymous uploads to ftp://ftp.theirdomain.com/incoming"

Even though my server is set to disabled it still automatically has the ""Allow anonymous access to ftp://ftp.theirdomain.com" checked for every customer I setup.