Allow any host to connect to MySQL remotely

zeez

Registered
Jan 13, 2010
I have some system that requires connecting to my MySQL DB from anywhere in the world (No specific place, so random IPs). I'm trying to setup "Remote Database Access Hosts" in a way to accept connections from whatever IP, but it won't accept using something like %.%.%.% or %.
For my requirements it is basically impossible to list every possible IP, so I need someway to allow any host to be able to connect to MySQL (of course, using username and password I specify).
Is that possible?

Thank you

cPanelTristan

Quality Assurance Analyst
Staff member
Oct 2, 2010
somewhere over the rainbow
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
If this is just databases on one cPanel account, then you can allow the connection from any IPs by using the % (wildcard) in cPanel > Remote MySQL area. It isn't advisable to simply allow it to connect to MySQL itself for every database ever created and that will be created for every user. As such, you would need to add this on specific user accounts instead, which would allow access to all existing and future existing databases for that set user.

coderiser

Jan 31, 2011
some hosts might disable the remote mysql functionality so you may need to talk with your provider