The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Allow any host to connect to MySQL remotely

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by zeez, Feb 2, 2011.

1. zeez

zeez Registered

I have some system that requires connecting to my MySQL DB from anywhere in the world (No specific place, so random IPs). I'm trying to setup "Remote Database Access Hosts" in a way to accept connections from whatever IP, but it won't accept using something like %.%.%.% or %.
    For my requirements it is basically impossible to list every possible IP, so I need someway to allow any host to be able to connect to MySQL (of course, using username and password I specify).
    Is that possible?

Thank you

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If this is just databases on one cPanel account, then you can allow the connection from any IPs by using the % (wildcard) in cPanel > Remote MySQL area. It isn't advisable to simply allow it to connect to MySQL itself for every database ever created and that will be created for every user. As such, you would need to add this on specific user accounts instead, which would allow access to all existing and future existing databases for that set user.

3. coderiser

coderiser Member

some hosts might disable the remote mysql functionality so you may need to talk with your provider