The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Allow Creation of Parked/Addon Domains that resolve to other servers is not working

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by manokiss, Sep 3, 2010.

1. manokiss

manokiss Well-Known Member

Looks like the option "Allow Creation of Parked/Addon Domains that resolve to other servers" is not working as expected. From almost always we had this option disabled and also "Allow Creation of Parked/Addon Domains that are not registered" in all our servers but latelly im seeing many clients that are parking domains or adding them as addon through they cpanel when the domain is not pointing to our nameservers.

Wondering if is abug, im on cPanel 11.25.0-S44718 - WHM 11.25.0 - X 3.9

Thanx!

2. victomeyezr

victomeyezr Well-Known Member

I have a similar problem, but in reverse

The problem is, the nameservers of the addon domain ARE pointed to the server that the addon domain is using..

I had to set Allow addons that are not pointed to this server to allow it to work, which I don't want to leave enabled for obvious reasons.

3. manokiss

manokiss Well-Known Member

Your case is the contrary. Make sure your domain was propagated before you add as addon. a DNS propagation can take up to 72 hrs after you change the nameservers. Also make sure you are using DNS in the server.

4. victomeyezr

victomeyezr Well-Known Member

I had the DNS pointed for over a week, and yes I AM using DNS on the server. The error screen even shows the IP for the server I was putting the Addon domain for. SO if the DSN wasn't propogated, then why would the whois show the correct IP address's of the name servers?

5. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    There is a link, top right corner of the forums you can use to report a bug if you think you've come across one.