Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Allow Email Access from specific IP only, block everyone else

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by USA_Webmaster, Jun 7, 2018.

1. USA_Webmaster

USA_Webmaster Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    How do I disable email access to a specific email account (or cPanel primary domain emails) from every IP address in the world except for the one I whitelist?

I check server logs and I see Temporary Block for 1800 seconds [LF_SMTPAUTH] lfd alerts because people from other parts of the world are trying to access my email account.

---

Is there something similar I could do email account(s) for a primary domain on a cPanel account? Allow email account access to whitelisted IPs, block / deny everyone else?

Normally, for a website, I could just add .htaccess file to a directory and copy / paste code below to very top:

Code:
    order deny,allow
    allow from 192.168.0.420
    deny from all

ErrorDocument 403 https://mywebsite.com

2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @USA_Webmaster

Host access control may provide the control you'd like. Located at WHM>>Security Center>>Host Access Control you can block webmail access for everyone but a few addresses. You also can create IP tables rules to block by port but I would be concerned about the effectiveness of this as you could affect your ability to receive mail.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...