The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Allow overages on bandwidth

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xanaxpills, Mar 22, 2004.

1. xanaxpills

xanaxpills Member

I was wondering if there was a way to allow customers to go over on there bandwidth and just charge overages. I don't want WHM to suspend the account once the limit is reached, I just want it to keep the account open and I will just bill the client for any overages they use. Is this possible?

2. likoma

likoma Registered

I'd be happy to get a response on this one, too, as shutting down my clients' accounts is so drastic. I'd rather (1) allow them to go over, (2) deal with it, and (3) bill them or whatever. But shutting them down hurts my business as much as it does theirs.

Thanks for any reply,

- Bradley

3. likoma

likoma Registered

But the minute they use more, their site is shut down. I'd like to allow them to exceed bandwidth and I'll up their limits this month and I'll see if it's going to be a consistent thing.

Someone mentioned on another post about the WHM settings under Tweak being able to turn off the "Suspend account" function, but I don't think I have access to that in my WHM panel.

I just tried (on a test account) creating an account with unlimited bandwidth, but my hosting company didn't allow it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

- Bradley

4. Stefaans

Stefaans Well-Known Member

The setting "Disable Suspending accounts that exceed their bandwidth limit" is under "Tweak Settings" in the root version of WHM. If you have access to the reseller version of WHM only, then I think Thaphantom's advise is the best you could do - increase the bandwidth limits for the accounts and deal with it on a monthly basis.

5. likoma

likoma Registered

Thanks for the tips.

I'm going to contact my host and ask them if they could change that setting for me at the root level (because you're right, I don't have access to that).

My main problem is when I don't have regular email access (on vacation or whatever) and a site goes over bandwidth so it's down until I can get to my email and WHM cpanel to increase the bandwidth limit. Another option is to hire an assistant which is what got me thinking about finding a way to not have sites shut down!

Thanks again,

- Bradley