The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

allow users to enable/configure their own spamassisn

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dhecker, Jun 18, 2005.

1. dhecker

dhecker Well-Known Member

I am running whm/cpanel on a vps, running Fedora.

I have spamassasin configured on my main domain, and suddenly all of the user accounts are having their e-mail subjects annotated.

Is there a way to allow certain accounts/domains to use spamassasin and others not????

thanks, Dave

2. dave9000

dave9000 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Not for sure if this will work on a VPS but if it will the best way is to get with chirpy and have his bunch install their mailscanner setup. It allows full customization per account

And it works great, very few spams gets through and it doesn't trash many valid mails

3. brentp

brentp Well-Known Member

In cpanel under the mail heading you can turn spamassassin off for an account.

Regards,
    Brent

4. dhecker

Brent - This doesn't work on my server. Should it? That functionality is really all I want.

5. dhecker

This sounds great (and I am always happy with Chirpy's work) but my concern is that I would have another script that needs to be maintained, etc. My server is quite standard and I really like the idea that the ordinary updates are enough to keep it moving forward, etc. I would hate to suddenly find that a cpanel update broke the mailscanner and have to deal with an emergency (especially since I might not know how to uninstall it, etc.)

Spamassasin works pretty well for me, and I don't have much volume anyways. I really just want it to work 'per account'

6. dave9000

dave9000 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have chirpys mailscanner on 2 servers and cpanel updates don't bother it. If you want to be able to fully customize the filtering on each account I definitely recommend chirpys mailscanner install and if you do have a problem their support is great.

7. dhecker

Hmm.. maybe I am being too cautious?

I like the security of a 100% standard system, because many of the problems that come and go around here are automagically solved for me - I just wait around for the updates to handle it. So far, that's been extremely handy!

I've never had too much of spam/virus problem. But, now I'm torn!