The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Allowed hosts issue.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gnomercy, May 8, 2004.

1. Gnomercy

Gnomercy Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Does anyone know where cpanel stores the allowed hosts information for a specific domain? I've got a customer that added a wildcard'd allowed host and the delete option isn't reading it with the same name as what was created and is displayed. There is no error message, save that the host that is showed as "successfully deleted" didn't actually exist to begin with. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. ccccanada

ccccanada Well-Known Member

Can you please clarify a bit how and where this allowed domain was set up and what you are trying to acomplish?

3. Gnomercy

PartnerNOC

I'll do my best, as this wasn't something I did, but rather something a customer of mine did.

This is what my customer orginally emailed me.

When you go in to look at the allowed hosts, it shows this entry, but when you try to remove it it response with a different host name. I don't recall offhand what it responds with, but the point here is that it doesn't use %cable.mindspring.com and, while it gives a "successfully removed" message, it's not removing what it was told to, but rather something that didn't exist in the first place.

I think this would be easy to deal with if I knew where cpanel stores the allowed hosts information so I could access and delete the information via shell.

4. Remon

Remon Member

afaik the allowed hosts for mysql are stored in the database named "mysql" so login to whm -> phpmyadmin and select database "mysql" and search.

5. Gnomercy

PartnerNOC

That worked like a charm Remon. Thanks a million for the tip.

6. Remon

Remon Member

you're welcome :)

7. Gnomercy

PartnerNOC

Well here's something interesting. Doing as Remon suggested allowed me to remove the entries as was indicated, but my customer says it's still showing up in his Cpanel. Any ideas on this one?

8. Gnomercy

PartnerNOC

Found the problem. Originally, I was searching the database for " mindspring ". Having deleted all the results for this query and still seeing it show up in the users control panel, I queried on the username and turned up more entries. I removed them and it's no longer in the users cpanel.