Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Allowing a file to be downloaded from site

Discussion in 'Security' started by Roland Deschain, Sep 2, 2004.

1. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain Registered

I have done a search in FAQ but nothing came up in the results. If this has already been asked previously, I apologise.

I am a complete newbie to this, I have made my web site and posted it and alls well. What I want to do is have a screensaver that I created available for download from the site, but cannot seem to find out how I go about it. I have used Serif webplus 8 to build the site.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. phpservers

phpservers Registered

ok first of all i can recommend compressing the file with a program like winzip or winrar (windows) - this will leave you with a .zip file.

then you simply upload your file somewhere in your public_html directory and link to it...

for example if you upload your file here:
    /public_html/something.zip

it will be available to download here:
    www.yourdomain.com/something.zip

simply going to the link will make browsers automatically download the file, to link to it on your web page you will need to put this code in:
    <A HREF="www.yourdomain.com/something.zip">Download Here!</A>

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dsampaio

dsampaio Member

Check if the Hotlink protection is disabled... One cliente had the same problem and we fixed doing this!

Best regards

4. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain Registered

Hi Guys.

Many thanks for your input.

PHPServers: Did as suggested but it comes up as "this page cannot be found". Any ideas.

Dsampaio: Can you please let me know where I might find "Hotlink". Thanks.

Sorry it has taken so long to get back, but my job takes me away for long periods of time at very short notice.

Roland :confused: :confused: