The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Allowing a reseller to select options manually?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wintereise, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Wintereise

Wintereise Registered

Hello there folks,

I've just started to start using Cpanel and so far like it. However, I would like my resellers to be able to assign resources manually when they create an account, this is something I've been unable to do.

I have searched these forums and came up to this thread here: http://forums.cpanel.net/f5/allow-reseller-select-options-manually-118689.html

Unfortunately, as I'm new, I'm unaware what option they're exactly talking about. If possible, can the community point me to the right direction? (An screenshot would be nice)

Best regards, and thanks for answering beforehand :Allowing a reseller to select options manually?)

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    What have you set in WHM > Resellers > Reseller Center > Edit Privileges/Nameservers for one of the example reseller accounts? Knowing what you've set already will make it possible to know what they can and cannot do.

For example, if you have set "Specify which packages reselleruser can use for account creation." as one of the restrictions under Account Creation Limits in Edit Privileges/Nameservers area, then the reseller will not be able to assign resources manually to the accounts they create.

3. Wintereise

Wintereise Registered

Here's what I've got there: http://puu.sh/4INq

I don't have that option checked. Is it the limit by resource allocation one?

And thank you for taking the time to help me, much appreciated.

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Just a heads up, in this section of the Reseller Center if you had not noticed, when you tick a box, additional options are revealed. Click and have a look. :)