The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Allowing customers to send out larger amounts of e-mail / without server listed as spam ?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Smaily, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Smaily

Smaily Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Since it's allowed by law to send out commercial newletter and such over here how can I allow my clients to do so?

Currently I have activated in Exim Configuration >> Domains and IPs >> "Send mail from account’s dedicated IP address".

So if anyone wants to send out larger amounts I can provide them with Dedicated IP.

However can I be sure that other customers IP addresses won't be blacklisted as spam?
    As nameservers are still the same and so is hostname. Along with Reverse DNS records and hostname.

Should I create manually ns1 and ns2 to dedicated ip owners or just special NS1 to keep other shared IP and dedicated IP clients away from being blacklisted incase this one client gets blacklisted for 2 hours or permanently?

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
  3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

While sending out emails from the account's IP address may be helpful, it's not a guaranteed method to prevent other accounts on a shared server from being blacklisted by a remote mail server. For instance, there are some remote mail servers that utilize black lists with rules to block the hostname of a server that sends out SPAM. The best way to avoid this type of problem is to not send out SPAM at all, and to suspend/terminate accounts that deliver SPAM.

Thank you.