Allowing files to be remotely linked?

stevebeans

Aug 3, 2011
I'm not sure this is a cpanel issue, but I hope it is after debugging this for the last 24 hours.

My current situation, I'm having some trouble with file_get_contents(). I originally thought it was the command, but here is my situation.

I have a VPS server that has been working ok, let's call it box A
I have a new dedicated server that I'm trying to migrate to, call it box B

In file_get_contents on my dedicated server (box B), if I call files from box A, they load. If I call them from box B, the site hangs.

However, on my VPS box (Box A), there are still sites calling files from box B and box A and loading very quickly.

In summary:
VPS Box (A) can call A and B
Dedicated Box (B) can only call A

So my question is, is there a setting I'm missing on the dedicated server that should allow files to be called preventing my dedicated box from calling files on it's own server?

Thanks

handsonhosting

Feb 17, 2002
Omaha, NE
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
can you "wget" them from a command line to make sure that Box B can see the individual domains on the same machine? Check that the DNS is routing correctly for the server - that would be my first stop.

If you have a firewall running on the server, disable it temporarily and see if maybe there's something in your firewall stopping the connection.