The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(also) Need Help Optimizing mySQL

Discussion in 'Workarounds and Optimization' started by remix919, Mar 8, 2012.

1. remix919

remix919 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    So, I also need help optimizing my my.cnf file. My website is very database intensive and lately it's been running even slower and slower, the cause is definitely the strain on the mySQL database. I've played around with the settings a bit but just can't figure out the best settings.

My server is running (8) Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X3440 @ 2.53GHz and 4 GB of RAM. Here is my current config:

[mysqld]
    set-variable = max_connections=2000
    query_cache_limit=32M
    query_cache_size=512M
    query_cache_type=1
    log-slow-queries
    safe-show-database

My server is only running at about 1-2 out of 8 CPU's and my memory usage is only at about 20% with those settings, so I have plenty of room to expand, just not sure what settings to use. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out, I'm not too familiar with this and after doing a bunch of research, I came to the conclusion that each server is different along with the needs of each website, so I thought it would be best to post here and ask for advice. Thanks!

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Have you read any of the other threads on this topic here on these forums? There's already lots of Info posted that you should find very useful in them.

3. remix919

remix919 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have taken a look at quite of few threads, but I couldn't find any with server specs similar to mine and a problem similar to mine.