Altered RPMs found on server hostname

shufil

Mar 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

I getting 5 mail regards with this ,

Problems were detected with cPanel-provided files which are RPM controlled.
If you did not make these changes intentionally, you can correct them by running:

> /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/check_cpanel_rpms --fix

The following RPMs are found to be altered from their original install state:
exim,4.82,4.cp1136,/etc/antivirus.exim

any idia about this mail , how can i check this packege related issue .

Regards,
Shufil

shufil

Mar 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Helloo,

I getting same same again and again , so any body advice what is issue , how to resolve.
currently our whm seems a pop up that is whm updation is arrival its for mysql need update from 5.1 to 5.5 .

Any relation whm updation and mail , we have two server both are waiting whm updation , but mail is coming from one .

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

You can access your system via SSH as "root" and run the following command:

Code:
/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/check_cpanel_rpms --fix
What version of cPanel is installed on your system? Do you have any custom applications installed that deal with Exim?

Thank you.

shufil

Mar 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

WHM version is WHM 11.42.1 (build 24)

Not running any custom applications .

is this related with whm up-gradation , because some whm users all the site down after run this command .

Last edited:

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Please feel free to open a support ticket so we can take a closer look. You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

shufil

Mar 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Please feel free to open a support ticket so we can take a closer look. You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.
Hello,

I run that command /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/check_cpanel_rpms --fix , then after i did not getting mail,

thanks cpanel team

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
I am happy to see the issue is now resolved. Thank you for updating us with the outcome.

ellan

Oct 7, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
After updating and fixing that error with PERL5 from my thread here later days I tried to log in in my cpanel and found out that

This server is currently not licensed. Please contact the server administrator. Other services available on this server such as web services are likely functioning normally. (Cannot read license file)

Once the license on this server is active, you will no longer see this message. If you have installed a license since loading this page, click here to reload.
going to License Verification - cPanel Inc. and entering IP found out that my host that i have for years and that do not reply on my tickets do not renew the licence, says expired on 2014-11-08. I am about to renew the server, still since they do not reply I will think twice. I need my cpanel licence, I pay for it. Strange, right ? I am not going to have a server without a licence I pay for it.

My question : can the server update influence the licence or something ?

I keep receiving daily emails from my server [check cpanel rpms] Altered RPMS were found...

Last edited:

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
I keep receiving daily emails from my server [check cpanel rpms] Altered RPMS were found...
The cPanel update will not modify the license, but the license needs to be active for cPanel/WHM to function properly. What's the message body of the email (e.g. what RPMs were altered)?

Thank you.