The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alternative webmail systems.

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by hostmoon, Aug 31, 2004.

1. hostmoon

hostmoon Well-Known Member

Are there any good alternative webmail systems that integrate well with cPanel? Since I cannot get my horde/squirrelmail problem resolved (another unanswered thread), I need some other solution. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thx.
    dale

fwiw
    I cannot open a ticket with cpanel support ticket direct because my isp (theplanet.com) provides cpanel for me and apparently won't support it. Hence the need for an alternate solution.

2. fwwebs

fwwebs Well-Known Member

What is your current problem? Is it an IMAP or POP issue? You could try an independant install of http://SquirrelMail.org , but if it's an authentication problem try running upcp --force via SSH and that may resolve it.

3. hostmoon

hostmoon Well-Known Member

The problem appears to be "sort of" imap related. It works most of the time, but sometimes it decides to go to lunch and not come back. It will not display messages larger than about 20k.. when you click on the message it hangs for a while, eventually displays the message window with a blank message. However, pine (from a remote site) works fine when this is happening. Different browsers, different computers, completely different networks - experiencing same problem on this server.

Seems most times the only real solution is to reboot the server to get it working again.

The /var/log/maillog displays the following when the 'timeout' occurs:
    Aug 30 08:08:23 kayboo imapd[18652]: Command stream end of file, while reading line user=dale host=localhost [127.0.0.1]

I'm rurnning current release of everything. I have tried and looked at everything and I'm pretty much at my wits end.

thx.
    dale