The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am So confused on Updates

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RandyO, Jun 8, 2004.

1. RandyO

RandyO Well-Known Member

News says update AND dont update, I come here and I see nothing from cPanel but plenty of problems and complaints about FrontPage and broken cpanels.

Do upgrade Easy Apache, and then it says it breaks cpanel so DONT upgrade. Do use build 10, here, dont use build 10.

I do actually have other things to do, so I would like to get this security issue, bug, problem, what ever it is taken care of.

Is there an authorative thread here that spells out what should or should not be done?

2. sawbuck

sawbuck Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Unfortunately so far I have not found an authoritative thread on this. Looks like those who updated yesterday are now having problems with front page extensions. If that is not an issue for you then the rebuild apache and upgrade cPanel to 9.4 Current seems to be the way to go.
    If you haven't seen the following thread:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=281716&perpage=15&pagenumber=1
    it might be worth a look.
    Personally we are waiting and watching today to see what shakes out before jumping in, but we are also part of the "overly" conservative stable version crowd.
    HTH

3. RandyO

RandyO Well-Known Member

Why am I beginning to feel like the software is thrown out there like a pair of dice and they wait to see what happens next?

I then invision them flicking off their monitor so they cant see the results........[sighhhhh]