The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazon s3 Backup destination question

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by rajuru, Jul 23, 2014.

1. rajuru

rajuru Active Member

I'm using S3 as backup destination. However, I still see files are stored locally. Can anyone please help me with the following things:

1) Is it possible to store files only in s3 but not in local disks? If it's not possible, I want to delete backups after s3 is completed. But when postcpbackup is triggered? Does it trigger after creating local backups or transferring all backups to remote (s3) destination?

2) Is it possible to define different backup configuration for local or S3? For example, I want 1 weekly backup to store locally, but want 3 weekly backups in S3

3) How can I ask the cpbackup to use Reduced Redundant Storage?

Thanks in advance

#1 rajuru, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

1. Could you elaborate on which specific backup files you are referring to that are retained locally? Post backup hooks occur after the entire backup process finishes. Discussion on hooking into the new backup system can be found here:

New backup system - Hooks

2. You can use "Additional Local Directory" as an additional backup destination, however it's not possible to have different retention values for each destination at this time. You can open a feature request for that via:

Submit A Feature Request

3. This is a feature provided by Amazon, so it's not something you would configure on the cPanel server as far as I understand.

Thank you.