cPanel & WHM Version
v92.0.12

deadlock22

Registered
Mar 22, 2021
Rhode Island
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
We took over a WHM/cPanel server for a client a couple of months ago and suddenly 2 weeks ago we started receiving an email many times daily. We've been trying to track down what the root cause might be to no avail so far. Any tips on narrowing down the cause and resolving it?

Subject: Cron <[email protected]> /usr/bin/flock -n /var/run/cloudlinux_panel-detect.cronlock /opt/alt/python27/bin/python /usr/bin/package_reinstaller.py
Code:
File "/usr/bin/package_reinstaller.py", line 151
    'init', help=f"Init panel name cache; "
                                          ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! This message gets generated by the /etc/cron.d/panel-detect-cron, but it can happen if you are using an older version of lve-utils. Can you try and run this command on the system to see if that keeps the message from happening?

Code:
yum update lve-utils
You may also want to do a more general "yum update" to see if there are any updates available for the system.

deadlock22

Registered
Mar 22, 2021
Rhode Island
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Thanks @cPRex. I ran yum update lve-utils and got:

Bash:
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, rhnplugin, universal-hooks
This system is receiving updates from CLN.
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
 * EA4: 63.247.64.58
 * cpanel-addons-production-feed: 63.247.64.58
 * cpanel-plugins: 63.247.64.58
 * cloudlinux-x86_64-server-7: xmlrpc.cln.cloudlinux.com
cloudlinux-x86_64-server-7                                                                                                                                                                                                   | 1.3 kB  00:00:00
No packages marked for update
So I also ran yum update and it updated kernel and kmod-libs. After a reboot, I waited a few minutes and within 3-4 minutes I started to get the same email. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hmmmm, I don't have any other ideas off the top of my head. If your CloudLinux license was purchased through us you're welcome to submit a ticket to our team so we can check. If that was purchased through CloudLinux directly you'd need to reach out to them. If you aren't sure, you can use the following site to check where that license came from:

seePanel ID

Registered
Feb 26, 2022
Earth
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
old panel-detect-cron that no longer had a valid command and a new one named panel-detect-cron.rpmnew.
====
[[email protected] cron.d]# grep -R package_reinstaller.py
panel-detect-cron:4-59/5 * * * * root /usr/bin/flock -n /var/run/cloudlinux_panel-detect.cronlock /opt/alt/python27/bin/python /usr/bin/package_reinstaller.py
panel-detect-cron.rpmnew:*/5 * * * * root /usr/bin/flock -n /var/run/cloudlinux_panel-detect.cronlock /usr/bin/package_reinstaller.py check
====

I then renamed the newer correct cron to panel-detect-cron.
====
[[email protected] cron.d]# grep -R package_reinstaller.py
panel-detect-cron:*/5 * * * * root /usr/bin/flock -n /var/run/cloudlinux_panel-detect.cronlock /usr/bin/package_reinstaller.py check
====