i have install new server

email autodicover is enabled

but on Outlook i have this info
Code:
An encrypred connection to your mail server is not available
Click next to attempt using unencrypted connection

in WHM Exim Basic configuration -> security i have all default enabled

Allow weak SSL/TLS ciphers [?] OF

Require clients to connect with SSL or issue the STARTTLS command before they are allowed to authenticate with the server. [?] ON

Options for OpenSSL [?] default

SSL/TLS Cipher Suite List default

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaro747

Jan 23, 2018
Polska
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi, it is my post , i loget from other account , yout password reminder page have error

i have replace

For "SSL/TLS Cipher Suite List":

Code:
ALL:!ADH:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:-LOW:-SSLv2:-EXP

For "Options for OpenSSL":

Code:
+no_sslv2

but not working

i check on w7 outlook 2016 and wxp outlook 2010

in exim log i have

2018-01-23 19:57:30 TLS error on connection from [178.183.180.70]:49299 (SSL_accept): error:140760FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_CLIENT_HELLO:unknown protocol

any sugestions please

MojoCreations

Feb 14, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I am having the same issue. I have Outlook 2016, so it is a newer client. On 5 of our machines in the office, none can connect to the email server. We have Windows 7 with Office 2016.

I have run the easy fix / registry update recommended but that still does not work. If I connect to the server from Windows 10, the connection is successful. Why can't the Windows 7 with the same Office Suite not connect?

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
I have run the easy fix / registry update recommended but that still does not work. If I connect to the server from Windows 10, the connection is successful. Why can't the Windows 7 with the same Office Suite not connect?
Hello,

This is more of an issue that Microsoft's support would need to help you with if the workaround on the following URL doesn't help, as it's a limitation of their OS:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-and-tls-1-2-as-a-default-secure-protocols-in

You could try contacting their support team directly to see if they can offer any additional help. In the meantime, you could try the workaround referenced on the following post to allow weak ciphers (these were the ones utilized in cPanel version 66):

Outlook 2016 Sending Email Fails After Cipher Suite Update

Thank you.