An error occured: cPanel API Response: Access denied

Rifta

Registered
Sep 7, 2019
United Kingdom
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
Hey all,

I am new to CPanel and all of the hosting industry. My reseller hosting provider gave me my login details and when I try to set up a new server in WHMCS I am unable to Verify Connection successfully. I have tried many times, I contacted my hosting provider and asked them for the details and they provided me with this:

Code:
Hostname/IP: uksrv2.hostaname.tld/ <IPREMOVED>
username: exxelo
password: Hidden
primary IP: As per the package subscribed there is no dedicated or Primary IP.
primary nameserver: ns1.domain.tld
secondary nameserver:ns2.domain.tld
In the WHMCS setup it asks for a primary IP however I was informed this is no necessary. I Filled out the form to setup a new server in WHMCS and when I clicked the button shown in the screenshot, I get the error: An error occured: cPanel API Response: Access denied.

I don't know what to do so I came here for support.

Kzsyc4Q.png

Thanks in advance,
Rifta

Last edited by a moderator:

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hello,

I removed any personal domain names from the post as we do discourage posting personal domain information in the forums. Before I did that though I checked the nameservers you noted and neither of them resolves. Before they're able to be used you must create them at the registrar and in WHM/cPanel. Instructions on how to do this can be found here: How to Set Up Nameservers in a cPanel Environment - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

As far as the reason why you're unable to log in, have you followed the instructions on how to do this provided by WHMCS? If not they can be found here: CPanel/WHM - WHMCS Documentation