The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An Opewn Letter to Cpanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mgphoto, Feb 27, 2004.

1. mgphoto

mgphoto Active Member

An Open Letter to Cpanel

Reference to Mirroring a server and DNS issues:

Hi Dave, Joshua, Chris, Darren, Erick, Rich, Kyle, Clifford;

After upgrading to the newest CPanel we began having issues with DNS and server crashes. I was told by CPanel I could now set up a mirror server using CPanel to move all of the information including binding all the original server’s IP, plus all data and create a mirrored server that would allow me to take the original server off line with zero downtime and a transparent move for our clients. I was told this is a new feature that has only been out a month and has not been made public yet.

I was told to buy another license, so I could set up a mirror/failover server using CPanel, I bought the new server and license. As a matter of fact I bought 2 of each so I could also mirror another server.

You need to speak to each other at CPanel. I have had communications with 8 different people at CPanel about this. The CPanel software is now supposed to do the mirroring.

Not ranting at any of you personally, but do you people ever talk to each other. Does anyone there have the ability to give a straight answer? I've got 5 or 6 different tickets open with CPanel and no one can seem to get this resolved or give the same answer. It's now going on 7 days. I have one tech saying "yes it can do it but I don't know how to do it" and then I get a ticket from another tech telling me "you need to get different mirroring software and to go to google and do a search so you can learn about it." I know about mirroring software from third parties I host over a 120 servers. I'm in the current position because CPanel told me this could now be done using your software.

Can any one of you give a straight answer to this issue? Does the software do this and if so how is it done?

#1 mgphoto, Feb 27, 2004
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2004
  2. markie

markie BANNED

You forgot Nick! :p

3. mgphoto

mgphoto Active Member

I think Nick is the only one I don't have a ticket in with.