The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Analog Stats

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Craig, Dec 24, 2001.

1. Craig

Craig Well-Known Member

Is there a way to get analog stat reports emailed to the domain owner? On a per domain request?

A couple of clients have requested this.. just wondering if anyone has done it?

C.

2. feanor

feanor Well-Known Member

If this was webalizer, I\'m sure we could find a switch for it that emailed the stats in HTML format... well maybe. :D

With either webalizer or analog, if you\'ll notice that the output (html) content that the cpanel engine produces via each stat program is dumped into ~USERNAME/tmp, you can easily work out a cronjob (per domain) that mails off the lovely stats to the address in question. They person receiving it will need to have a nice mailserver and a non-bitchy configured mail client so that they can receive such things (html formatted messages, etc)....

It is obviously a pain to set this up for unique domains as people require it.... perhaps submit a feature request for this to be built into CPanel in the future :
    http://support.cpanel.net/new/viewthread.php?tid=584

Peace.

3. Craig

Craig Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply.

I have looked into emailing off the files in /home/username/tmp/ however, there is the problems of images. If there was a way i could just have a text report then that would be ideal.
    Without all those fancy pants images and whatever =]

Maybe i could run analog as a cron job then have the files outputted to email? is this possible with cpanel config\'d server?

Any more insight would be appriciated :)

Craig

4. feanor

feanor Well-Known Member

Some quick digging revealed this:
    http://www.analog.cx/helpers/index.html

Though the tool on there that actually looked helpful for this thread was for a windows platform, I really didn\'t spend much time there- there might be others on that page, and/or something in the rest of the analog site that could provide a solution.

;)