Zekeman

Nov 13, 2004
I have setup a custom 404 page... which is fine but its static... I now try to implement a custom 404 page with animation (js script) and it does not work.. Does Cpanel support Animated JS Custom pages? If so I have it set in a folder in /usr/local/apache/customerror and have all the required files in this folder. Am I supposed to have the JS somewhere else?

Btw I do get the page to come up with no animation and css included. The paths set for the are set at href"=css/style.css" I even tried the full path where it lays and no go....

Thanks for any insight...

fabin

Nov 27, 2009
Gods Own Country
Custom css and js will work in it. It should definitely be a problem with path. Is there any 404 errors in access log?

Zekeman

Nov 13, 2004
Custom css and js will work in it. It should definitely be a problem with path. Is there any 404 errors in access log?
Yes, its actually trying to use the user directory that the 404 is generated from instead of just the /usr/local/apache/custom directory that it is in.... Is there a way to force it to check just that directory for all websites that get 404 on the cpanel machine?

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

Are you attempting to make this a global 404 error page for all websites? If so, browse to the following option in Web Host Manager:

"WHM Home » Service Configuration » Apache Configuration » Include Editor"

Add the following value to "Pre VirtualHost Include":

Code:
Alias /errorfolder /usr/local/apache/htdocs
ErrorDocument 404 /errorfolder/404.shtml
Then, edit "/usr/local/apache/htdocs/404.shtml" with your custom entries.

Thank you.