Announcing Account Based Pricing

wswd

Aug 9, 2005
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
You're both completely off base here, on all points made. cPanel is stronger than ever and will be here for many years to come. Guessing and fortune telling at what's coming for the company seems like the least useful thing to do with your time, to be honest. There's hosting to do, new customers to reach out to, etc. It's full steam ahead for cPanel, and it should be for you too, with whatever control panel you settle on.

Let's meet back here in 10 years and you can tell say I told you so. Or not.
LMAO!!! You are out of your mind! cPanel is certainly not stronger than ever, and you're going to see that come year's end. There are literally tens of millions of domains being migrated from cPanel to other panels. Start looking for a new job @Infopro because the end is not too far around the corner. You guys have shot yourselves in the foot on this one, I'm afraid, and you're going to find that out real soon.

Like I said, champagne bottles are popping over at the DirectAdmin headquarters, and rightfully so. You guys are finished.

Infopro

cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
Staff member
May 20, 2003
Pennsylvania
forums.cpanel.net
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
LMAO!!! You are out of your mind!
Indeed. I've been working here for many years now. I love working for, and using, cPanel. (Boss are you reading this??)

Still, the guesswork in this thread and others like it around the Web is quite amazing to read.

Thank you for your concern and suggestion all the same.

Infopro

Staff member
May 20, 2003
Pennsylvania
forums.cpanel.net
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Nobody within cPanel is reading this or they would of acted by now.

You really should be getting in touch with cPanel Customer Support or your cPanel Account Manager, if you have one. That is the best advice I can provide here in this thread. Both teams are extremely busy signing up new cPanel Partners.

HTH!

dilstar

Nov 20, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
cpanel is not alone , all in all, cpanel has lot of issues of email spamming, so we buy email outbound filtering, cpanel cant protect with basic malware issues, we do buy anti malware, cpanel do not comes with decent firewall and other things, we need to buy it, cagefs and other things not in cpanel, we do buy it, cpanel is just control panel, it is not all system , i think they are thinking single cpanel is enough, for production tons things are required like builders softaculous etc. if we will give 100+ to cpanel per license, and then will also renew all the addons plugins, how we can earn . and how much price we will increase cpanel should reverse their stance.

Shazan

Aug 31, 2002
Both teams are extremely busy signing up new cPanel Partners.
If you write such things in good faith, then you really have no clue about what's really happening, because those that are signing as new partners are all already customers that are migrating from a distributor (that cPanel is contributing to go out of business), you aren't gaining new licenses or new clients. And that's a desperate move for them to lower their expenses.

I could have done the same but this arrogance from cPanel definitely irritates me, therefore I removed cPanel from all of our products and am in the process of migrating all of our licenses to DirectAdmin before the end of september.

Good luck with your "strongness"

WebHosting-UK

Dec 8, 2017
UK
web-hosting-uk.com
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
You really should be getting in touch with cPanel Customer Support or your cPanel Account Manager, if you have one. That is the best advice I can provide here in this thread. Both teams are extremely busy signing up new cPanel Partners.

HTH!
When they is nothing else you simply use your copy and paste, heard it too many times and makes no difference to myself as I no longer use Cpanel.

I'm simply here now as an existing customer that has been using your panel up until now watch all those migrate from cpanel to an alternative.

But you seem to stand by its the strongest which is complete bs or you are paid to write such propaganda on this forum.

And you wonder why everyone is moving, not just because of the price but to add insult even the forum staff don't know what they are saying.

Reactions: parawing742

parawing742

Dec 31, 2003
Tennessee
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I, for one, am sick of this deflection from cPanel staff. You make ridiculous statements and then fail to back them up. We give you REAL HARD EVIDENCE and you just deflect it.
The only explanation at this point is that the cPanel PR staff must have formally worked for the Trump campaign. Everything is spin and deception.

But you seem to stand by its the strongest which is complete bs or you are paid to write such propaganda on this forum.
It's the second part. The actual cPanel staff aren't responding to their angry customers so they've paid their "product evangelist" to do so. A product evangelist is basically a spin doctor for a product. This is why Infopro ignores the serious questions, downplays all of cPanel's unethical behavior, and tries to ignore all the businesses they've destroyed as "busy signing up new partners" while leaving out the part that these business can't afford the massive price gouging from a untrustworthy monopoly. It's really disgusting what cPanel has become.

WebHosting-UK

Dec 8, 2017
UK
web-hosting-uk.com
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
The only explanation at this point is that the cPanel PR staff must have formally worked for the Trump campaign. Everything is spin and deception.

It's the second part. The actual cPanel staff aren't responding to their angry customers so they've paid their "product evangelist" to do so. A product evangelist is basically a spin doctor for a product. This is why Infopro ignores the serious questions, downplays all of cPanel's unethical behavior, and tries to ignore all the businesses they've destroyed as "busy signing up new partners" while leaving out the part that these business can't afford the massive price gouging from a untrustworthy monopoly. It's really disgusting what cPanel has become.
I agree, why not "busy clawing back their existing customers"? The only response you'll get back is "You really should be getting in touch with cPanel Customer Support or your cPanel Account Manager".

Oakley share price is looking fantastic btw I hope it hits them hard!
oakley.png

Reactions: wswd

Infopro

Staff member
May 20, 2003
Pennsylvania
forums.cpanel.net
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
There are literally tens of millions of domains being migrated from cPanel to other panels.
Why are the same handful of you posting here, and on other forums?

A product evangelist is basically a spin doctor for a product.
I'm straight forward with you here, have been from the start.

This is why Infopro ignores the serious questions..
It's not my place to discuss your cPanel licensing options. That's best left to cPanel Customer Service or your cPanel Account Manager.

As for the few (out of 28 pages of comments) actual serious questions about licensing concerns posted to this thread, they won't be answered on these forums. You guys are not having a serious conversation, and, licensing questions are not discussed here on these public forums, never were. I'm not ignoring them, that's not what I do.

I'm the forum moderator. I ban abusive users who repeatedly disrupt these company forums preventing us from us having constructive conversations.

I'm not about to close down this thread. I think we should all have a place to comment. Still, repeating the same things over and over is not helpful to the future of your Hosting business.

Oakley share price is looking fantasitc btw I hope it hits them hard!
I hope posting this makes you feel better, too.

WebHosting-UK

Dec 8, 2017
UK
web-hosting-uk.com
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Why are the same handful of you posting here, and on other forums?

I'm straight forward with you here, have been from the start.

It's not my place to discuss your cPanel licensing options. That's best left to cPanel Customer Service or your cPanel Account Manager.

As for the few (out of 28 pages of comments) actual (1)serious questions about licensing concerns posted to this thread, (2)they won't be answered on these forums. You guys are not having a serious conversation, and, licensing questions are not discussed here on these public forums, never were. I'm not ignoring them, that's not what I do.

(3)I'm the forum moderator. I ban abusive users who repeatedly disrupt these company forums preventing us from us having constructive conversations.

I'm not about to close down this thread. I think we should all have a place to comment. Still, repeating the same things over and over is not helpful to the future of your Hosting business.

I hope posting this makes you feel better, too.
How can you even mention the word "serious" when cPanel increased their prices by over 300% and you're going to get a reaction and alot of annoyed customers but you seem more intent on "we are busy signing up new partners" and not care for your current/existing customers.

Questions regarding licencing obviously wont be addressed here, cPanel's in the wrong. You expecting everyone to say congratulations you've raised our prices by over 3x it simply doesn't work like that at all.

BTW Being the forum moderator changes nothing, you may have control over a forum but your jobs going to be hanging in the balance after the 1st September and you can thank Oakley, i'm simply stating facts based on recent customer comments and the graph.

Reactions: wswd

parawing742

Dec 31, 2003
Tennessee
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Still, repeating the same things over and over is not helpful to the future of your Hosting business.
You know what's also not helpful to the future of our hosting businesses? Having our software "partner" raise prices 500% in a desperate attempt to extract as much money as possible from their client base. It was an unethical business strategy to make short-term gains for their investors while screwing over all their customers. As the owner of VeeroTech said: "cPanel broke everyone’s trust. They should no longer be using the term “partners” to describe their relationship with hosting providers."

We get you like the product. We all did. I was a cPanel customer for nearly 20 years. But what cPanel has done to the industry is disgusting and I for one will also celebrate their inevitable downfall after the way they treated me in the end. It was truly a horrible way to treat your customers and everyone who works at cPanel should be ashamed about their employers abusive business practices.

Infopro

Staff member
May 20, 2003
Pennsylvania
forums.cpanel.net
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
i'm simply stating facts
No, you're not.

everyone who works at cPanel should be ashamed about their employers abusive business practices.
I can't speak for anyone at cPanel, the same way you can't speak for everyone that uses cPanel. But, if they're anything like me, they're most likely annoyed by your abusive postings here in this thread.

andres207

Aug 3, 2019
Spain
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
The way cpanel would lose 90% of its users would be the following:

"After the new events with cpanel, wordpres.org has said it will start charging 1 USD per domain that is hosted using cpanel."

Second day after this statement and cpanel is dead.

CanSpace

Nov 25, 2011
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
No, you're not.
Does anyone at cPanel really think that *more* people will use cPanel as a result of these enormous price increases? Again you will obviously see a (short-term) revenue boost, but I think it goes without saying that cPanel market share will ultimately go down as a result of this.

Heck, it already has... and it's not even September 1st yet.

lewis-teck

Apr 28, 2016
London
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
cpanel is not alone , all in all, cpanel has lot of issues of email spamming, so we buy email outbound filtering, cpanel cant protect with basic malware issues, we do buy anti malware, cpanel do not comes with decent firewall and other things, we need to buy it, cagefs and other things not in cpanel, we do buy it, cpanel is just control panel, it is not all system , i think they are thinking single cpanel is enough, for production tons things are required like builders softaculous etc. if we will give 100+ to cpanel per license, and then will also renew all the addons plugins, how we can earn . and how much price we will increase cpanel should reverse their stance.
Very true, cPanel is far from the perfect platform. It still lacks many core features.

LucasRolff

May 27, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Are you sure? That's exactly what we have done and they appear in the WHM as "accounts". I see no such distiguishment between types of accounts. I figure if it turns up in WHM and you can log in, then it's an "account" and contributes to the number of accounts.
Code:
[[email protected] ~]# whmapi1 get_current_users_count
---
data:
  users: 2
metadata:
  command: get_current_users_count
  reason: OK
  result: 1
  version: 1
[[email protected] ~]# useradd -d /home/unicorn unicorn
[[email protected] ~]# whmapi1 get_current_users_count
---
data:
  users: 2
metadata:
  command: get_current_users_count
  reason: OK
  result: 1
  version: 1
[[email protected] ~]#
Pretty sure.

Easier said than done! There's a matter of security to consider here that's being completely overlooked.
Correct, but then it's up to you to decide whether you want increased security risk or accounts split up.

However, people are moving to other panels anyway, so why does it matter? :)

If some company makes a new panel at good price it will take less then 1-2 years but as i sow till now 40% of cPanel users they migrate to DirectAdmin
40% of that small percentage that actually migrates, or 40% of all cPanel users? Because, if the latter - I'd like some facts that back this up. I'm just curious and I love statistics :)

I am sure that large companies such as Amazon have started to develop a good control panel that can compete with cpanel, until now it was not possible to compete with cpanel since they had a good product at a reasonable price and that dominated the market completely from years. But these events change the game completely.
You're sure that companies such as Amazon - are you implying here that Amazon is currently working on a panel? In that case, how can you be so sure about this?

It was possible to compete with cPanel before if you're Amazon. As you know, Amazon is not afraid of investing millions of dollars into things they're unsure will ever pick up or not. That's how AWS became what it is today. Taking huge risks and betting on a market without actually knowing the outcome.

So if companies such as Amazon wanted to compete with cPanel, then they already would have started, regardless of cPanel pricing.

However, companies such as Amazon doesn't really want too much customer interaction - this is quite clear when looking at how the support in general work at AWS.

One of the things that undoubtedly have made cPanel popular over the years is their amazing support. A thing that Amazon doesn't really see the importance in, unless you pay them a billion dollars.

But great if you think Amazon is making a cPanel alternative. I can't wait.

Super excited.

Siteground is migrating 2+ million domains off cPanel in September and even the big EIG-owned companies are working on alternatives as well. Small hosts that got shafted by cPanel's price gouging are dropping off rapidly too.
Now, the price announcement has nothing to do with Siteground migrating their domains off cPanel. Their panel has been in the making for quite some time. So eventually it would have happened anyway, with the increase or not.

You win some, and you lose some. That's the part of doing business.

I notice no cPanel staff want to dispute my math despite them making ridiculous allegations it's no so bad. Nor do they want to acknowledge the dramatic affect this has on so many people despite the facts being so obvious to so many.
There are two reasons for that.

One reason being, that from a company perspective, you don't want your employees to say their opinion too much, because, whether that opinion comes from the employee or employer can be hard to figure out, if employees are saying their opinions in a public forum.

So it's rather normal that employees shouldn't discuss bigger changes like this in a forum. Just like employees shouldn't go around and talk when stuff is about to get acquired.

Any person that has worked in a company that is public or have ever been acquired or acquired someone at a decent size will understand this. So honestly, it makes sense.

It's likely that there will be employees that disagree with the changes and to be honest, that's fine. If the employee doesn't feel like they fit with the direction a company is going, then they're surely always allowed to find something else to do.

When you're employed somewhere, it's always in your best interest to support your employer - that's kinda obvious. If your opinions one day change, or the company change in such a way, that it doesn't fit you as a person anymore - then you as a person should decide what to do.

The second reasoning for not dispute your math, is probably because it's correct. But on the other hand, depending on which type of customers you as a company (in this case cPanel) targets, if they fit within a certain pricing structure, then the increases might be perfectly fine.

Some people are affected more than others, that's just how it is.

As with the employee, it's the same for you as a customer - if the product doesn't fit your requirements anymore, then it's up to you what happens next.

If you build a business that depends heavily on the pricing from your suppliers, then you should always have an alternative. Like, maybe don't put all your eggs in the same bucket.

If you've decided the last X years of running a business that you only wanna run cPanel systems, then that's your decision. If that now bites you in the butt then that's your problem - not the problem of someone else.

There are literally tens of millions of domains being migrated from cPanel to other panels.
Any source? Again. I like statistics.

However, looking at it from another perspective, it might mean that cPanel ends up with a segment of customers that are more "equal" in terms of what they expect - this can mean that us that stays might be able to get some things we're missing out faster, because then cPanel can maybe shuffle the priorities of some things around, to align it more to the segments of customers they have.

You see, it will benefit some ;)

Now, the above would only be the case, if literally tens of millions of domains got migrated.

Oakley share price is looking fantastic btw I hope it hits them hard!
View attachment 60413
Sure - Oakley also does other stuff than just WebPros. Maybe it's related, maybe not.

Anyway, I thought you were moved to another platform already, as you wrote on LET - so what's the point continuing to be here?

Does anyone at cPanel really think that *more* people will use cPanel as a result of these enormous price increases?
No, but on the other hand, it might give them a different segment of customers, or rather, remove some segments of customers that didn't make a lot of sense to have.

Everything is just speculation.
28 pages of speculations, hate and silly people.

CanSpace

Nov 25, 2011
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
It's not speculation that cPanel customers are *very* unhappy about this - just check their recent reviews on Facebook.

Oh wait, you can't. They were so bad that cPanel was forced to hide them all.

Try running a business where the vast majority of your customer base no longer trusts you, and see how long you last as a company. This is not speculation - the writing is already on the wall.

LucasRolff

May 27, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
It's not speculation that cPanel customers are *very* unhappy about this - just check their recent reviews on Facebook.
Sure, there are some customers that are very unhappy about it :) Not saying that. But people speculate in a lot of things in this thread.

There are also customers that ain't really bothered by the increase, either because the increase is minimal for them percentage-wise, or because even with the increased price, they'll still be around roughly $0.11-0.20 per account, which for companies that sell hosting at $5+ is no problem.

People can complain - everyone has their reason to do so. But all these speculations people come up with - damn booooiiiiii

Edit: Once again you're speculating in the "vast majority of customers". If you actually look around on the various forums, you'll see many of the same names going around.