Announcing Account Based Pricing

LucasRolff

May 27, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi guys,
I'm sorry to read these important price changes.

I have been a cPanel customer since 2008 with a small VPS, I have this solution because I don't want to "gift" my eMails to Google, etc. etc. I want to handle them.

I currently have 5 domains, only one of them receives mail.

I have about twenty sub-domains which are mainly redirects (example: password.xxx.it redirect to xxx.1password.com).

If I now combine all the domains in one account, can I convert my "Solo Cloud" license to 15 dollars?

How many domains can an account contain (for the license)?

Obviously the security of having 5 accounts for 5 domains is better. Now if a domain is compromised the attackers can read everything! No good! :(

I tried DirectAdmin for a week, but mail handling is pretty scary!

Thanks
What you could do, is going for the "cPanel Admin Cloud" license as well, it's a $20 license, but it does allow you 5 accounts, so even if the old price you used to have was $15, you'll get an increase of $5, but you get to have it split up into 5 accounts still.

drego85

Jun 24, 2010
Assuming you purchased your license from cPanel directly, please contact cPanel Customer Service to discuss at this link:

If you purchased your license from somewhere else, you'll need to contact them.
Ok,
thanks!

drego85

Jun 24, 2010
Assuming you purchased your license from cPanel directly, please contact cPanel Customer Service to discuss at this link:

If you purchased your license from somewhere else, you'll need to contact them.
Nothing, BuyCpanel has told me that it cannot sell me the offer of 15 dollars and they cannot even give me a discount on the superior offer to remain their client.

I'll think about switching to DirectAdmin or buying a new 15 dollar license on the official cPanel website. Hoping it won't conflict with my current license.

Infopro

cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
Staff member
May 20, 2003
Pennsylvania
forums.cpanel.net
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
I assume they linked you to their pricing guide?

chrisgrigg

Registered
Jan 20, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Let me begin by saying I have been an avid long time cpanel customer since before 2010 when I started my web host. This increase not only hurts myself but any small website owner as they will have to pay more because of cPanel being greedy. This pricing structure is absurd and I will be seeking out my options. What kind of restriction is that? 100 accounts? That is laughable.

ChrisDeVe

Apr 18, 2018
UK
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Greedy, I don't know, I believe it's like a dream to be Billionaire. To betrayed your customer to reach this goal hmmm I don't believe is the right path.

Quick example

Percentage Change Calculator
New Price
(45/monthly + (150(users) = 30 /monthly) = 75 monthly) x 12 (900)
Original Price
180/Year

This is an increase of 720 Or, as a percentage (rounded to two decimal places): an increase of 400%

This will be my new price. In this case, we've to QUOTE( "you should be contacting cPanel Customer Service, or your Account Manager if you have one").

You've to be blind or deaf to not see the issue here, your brain must be too small to not see our disappointment and CPanel betrayal. From 400% how much reduction or offer I'll receive 100%, you still have an increase of 300% that is the small issues here. I saw too many defend or start posting stupid arguments about this but the FACT is a FACT. Your increase has been done as to stab a knife in our back and respect from you was 0 (NULL). Cpanel didn't take in the count lots of aspect regarding this increase, sure Oakley Investment forces them but as C.E.O should fight for the community.

Doesn't matter what arguments we debate our frustration and no one can argue, Cpanel get all wrong and you betrayed the community with this.

Thank you

Infopro

cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
Staff member
May 20, 2003
Pennsylvania
forums.cpanel.net
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Quick example

Percentage Change Calculator
New Price
(45/monthly + (150(users) = 30 /monthly) = 75 monthly) x 12 (900)
Original Price
180/Year
This example assumes I guess, that you're being billed by cPanel for all 150 cPanel Accounts at, .20 US cents each for having a cPanel Account with you. If you're providing completely free hosting to all 150 of those cPanel Accounts, yes, that yearly price would be painful if it was $900 instead of $180.

Here' the thing though, according to the pricing page, Pricing, the $45 Premier license is for up to 100 cPanel Accounts with each cPanel Account above 100, at $.20 US cents each. The example you provide is incorrect.

So;
This will be my new price. In this case, we've to QUOTE( "you should be contacting cPanel Customer Service, or your Account Manager if you have one").
This quote is correct. You should! That way you can find out exactly what your new bill should be under the new Pricing Structure.

ChrisDeVe

Apr 18, 2018
UK
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Here' the thing though, according to the pricing page, Pricing, the $45 Premier license is for up to 100 cPanel Accounts with each cPanel Account above 100, at $.20 US cents each. The example you provide is incorrect.
Wrong, your math so bad ( Default $45/monthly 100 accounts ) + an additional account (150) $30/montly Total account 350 as $75/monthly x 12/month = $900

As I say, you try to prove nothing to us because most of them know it.

As we can see right now, you will see only what you like not the truth about the issue and this is the proof you try to calm the people but you not succeeding.

Thank you

Last edited:

ChrisDeVe

Apr 18, 2018
UK
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
($45/monthly(100 account) + (150 account = $30 /monthly) = $75 monthly) x 12 = ($900)

This is an increase of $720 Or, as a percentage (rounded to two decimal places): an increase of 400%

Are you happy now?

LucasRolff

May 27, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
($45/monthly(100 account) + (150 account = $30 /monthly) = $75 monthly) x 12 = ($900)

This is an increase of $720 Or, as a percentage (rounded to two decimal places): an increase of 400%

Are you happy now?
Correct, it's an increase of $720, and you'll end up paying $900 for a piece of software. So now it's up to you whether this makes sense or not.

Ask your DC if they're a cPanel partner, and you can often get better pricing :) But again you have to decide whether it can be justified.

cPanel went from fixed pricing to usage-based pricing, that means some will get a massive increase, that's usually how that goes.

If you don't like the taste of the apples, then you're free to stop eating them, no one is forcing you.

What are you doing against cpanel partners who undercut the prices massively? I do not want to name names, but you know them.
What should they do? cPanel offers a certain price, if partners decide to offer licenses at cost price, or even below cost price, that's really their choice, and it has been like that since forever.

deltastar

Nov 22, 2006
If you don't like the taste of the apples, then you're free to stop eating them, no one is forcing you.
The problem is that the apple was bought where the price was acceptable and affordable. ChrisDeVe would not have bought this apple for a higher price. Just too expensive. Here he would probably have bought a pear. The apple is not completely eaten yet. If he does not eat the apple he starves. If he does not have enough money he has the
black peter. No apple, no pear. Who is responsible for this disaster? The apple seller ripped of ChrisDeVe.

The Dutchman has probably received a brain wash.
dank u wel

This is for my special forum.
Thank you so much.

wswd

Aug 9, 2005
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Oh no! Oakley Capital's stock is down yet again today. Down every single day this month, in fact. What a shame. There goes your retirement, @Infopro Maybe the bosses will see how stupid this plan really is. Probably not.

And in other news, DA released a $24/year license for up to 10 domains. Your bosses are going to be feeling this one @Infopro while the execs at DA continue to pop the Dom Perignon.

Reactions: WebHosting-UK

LucasRolff

May 27, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
The problem is that the apple was bought where the price was acceptable and affordable.
And now the store increased the price of the apples, so now the buyers can go buy their apples somewhere else.

ChrisDeVe would not have bought this apple for a higher price.
That's okay, that's his choice.

The apple seller ripped of ChrisDeVe.
No, in fact the apple seller did not - Chris bought apples at a price, the apple seller then decides to increase prices, informing people 2 months in advance that the prices go up. Then it's up to the buyers if they want to continue buying apples at the specific store or not.

Ripping off means theft, cheating, swindling or exploiting those who cannot prevent or counter it.

In this case, people can prevent the increase by moving to another platform, so no one has been ripped off, and cPanel has never stated anywhere that prices wouldn't ever increase.

The Dutchman has probably received a brain wash.
dank u wel
Not sure who you're referring to, because I'm not dutch :)

And in other news, DA released a $24/year license for up to 10 domains. Your bosses are going to be feeling this one @Infopro while the execs at DA continue to pop the Dom Perignon.
Congratulations for DirectAdmin I guess.

deltastar

Nov 22, 2006
Ripping off means theft, cheating, swindling or exploiting those who cannot prevent or counter it.
That is to let someone fall into the trap. He was too good faith. He thought the apple seller would be a friend.

In 2019 there will be no more friends but only enemies.
cPanel has unfortunately killed the motivation. No motivation no success. The price is secondary.

That's very sad.

Nicola Hastings

Registered
Aug 8, 2016
Spain
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Just to add my two pence worth. I had an email from my VPS supplier this morning to tell me about the cPanel price increase. I am a web developer and run a small private hosting reseller service for my own clients. I don't make much of a profit on it and seeing an increase in cpanel license from £10 per year to £25 per month means that I would be paying half the price of the VPS server again. Ridiculous. I don't understand it. I am paying to use the software, it doesn't make any difference how many accounts are created with the software. It doesn't affect cPanel. I could understand an increase to maybe £100 per year which would possibly be acceptable. But an account based monthly 'subscription' makes it impossible. It shows the general move by software companies to subscription based pricing structures. You can no longer buy software outright and use it how you wish, you must permanently 'hire' the software so that companies can make a fortune from you. Yes there are benefits from this type of pricing, but for people on budgets it's a very difficult pricing model to budget for. I don't like this way of doing things, but maybe I'm just getting old.

AngryDragon

Registered
Apr 5, 2019
Gouda
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Same for me. up to 250% cost, or up to 400%
License costing more then the VPS cost, lol.

to bad, it was nice software as long as it took. But now its "dead" for me.

I wish all good luck with Plesk or Directadmin or.... Maybe we meet again, but certainly not here.