Announcing Account Based Pricing

crshep

Sep 26, 2006
Ok question then I get 50 new clients in a single billing cycle but I also loose 50 clients in the same billing cycle what do I pay cpanel?

Also Infopro since your a cpanel empolyee why hasn't anyone through all these post so far answer any questions or comment? Also and I'm saying this not as sarcasim but as being there and done that over all my years with different business. I sure hope your looking for employment somewhere else. Since most companies thaty do this after buying out another company never last your job will disappear. All you have to do is a quick google search to see a pattern of company buyouts.

Anyway back to my above question

crshep

Sep 26, 2006
So another words still no answering going to happen here about prices. Humm I'm sure I am NOT the only one wondering about this but if cpanel would rather have 500 tickets with the same question so be it. I thought these forums were for questions and maybe some support to but ease on the ticket system but I guess I'm wrong.

I have another question but I'm sure it won't be answered either. :O) Why hasn't cpanel answered any of these questions or made any comment to DEFEND themselves in these forums. Well I kind of know the answer all ready kind of hard to defend when you know what your master plan is. I know you were being sarcastic when you made that statement "Thank you for your concern about my employment " But thats OK I have been there and seen it in the past many times over and I was even an employee of one that did what cpanel did (well not the same but the end result was the same) But I had a backup plan and left.

Infopro

cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
Staff member
May 20, 2003
Pennsylvania
forums.cpanel.net
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Why hasn't cpanel answered any of these questions or made any comment to DEFEND themselves in these forums.
License issues and pricing discussions have never been discussed or supported on these forums. That sort of thing is always better handled through cPnel Customer Service or your Account Manager.

I'm sorry to hear things did not work out, great to hear you had a backup plan though! Backups are essential. I was not sarcastic at all BTW; I appreciate your concern. Oh wait, you were being sarcastic, right? Thanks anyway!

I do have a question for you, if I could, have you contacted Customer Service to see what your new pricing is going to be?

wswd

Aug 9, 2005
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I do have a question for you, if I could, have you contacted Customer Service to see what your new pricing is going to be?
Personally, I could care less what the pricing is going to be, if Oakley insists on the per-account tax. Even $0.01 per additional account over some arbitrary limit is too much. The license fee should be per server, and if the hosts want to put 100 accounts on there or cram 1000 accounts on there, it should make no difference.

More time consuming for cPanel staff to handle support tickets for the server with 1000 accounts? Great! Charge for support tickets. If that's really the concern (which it's not), the fix is to charge the folks who open the support tickets the most. What you actually see, however, is the complete opposite. The huge hosts who do tons of business with cPanel, and thus open the most support tickets, actually pay LOWER than the small hosts with less servers and less clients. So the folks without the huge numbers of servers are actually subsidizing those who have them. Makes no sense at all.

The answer is to charge for tickets. If the outcome ends up being a bug or something cPanel screwed up, then the cost of the ticket is refunded. If it's something stupid the host did to screw up the server and now you guys have to waste time fixing it, then the host pays. This is not rocket science here. The Oakley folks are clearly not rocket scientists by any stretch, but they aren't stupid either. They know that the support tickets were never the issue. They want a quick turn on profits for their investors, there will likely be another buy-out, as was already mentioned, and cPanel will become a nothing panel that nobody cares about, or will cease to exist entirely. Not going to happen immediately, but it's going to happen, I promise you that. This is the end of cPanel.

@Infopro you keep saying how the same few people post their disdain on this forum. It's very true! Not many people post on this forum period...at least there aren't that many repeat users. What you need to look at are all the deleted Facebook and Twitter posts that Oakley removed. If it's only a few people (which you know as plain as the nose on your face isn't remotely true), how can you explain the posts from thousands of different people that were removed from their social media pages? Oakley certainly didn't want its investors or potential investors seeing it. A 35 page single thread in a forum that nobody visits anyway, who cares?

On a side note, @Infopro would it be possible to put an Oakley Capital stock ticker on the main cPanel page or at the top of this forum? It's actual quite comical to watch it plummet every single day, and would be great amusement while browsing this forum.

ChrisDeVe

Apr 18, 2018
UK
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Thank you for your feedback.

So, you're just here to disrupt the forums, is that it?
Nope, he is straight on the point. Cpanel doesn't give a s***t about old customers or current customers :) you will receive a 10% - 50% discount from a 400% increase. :)). As well he has the right to say what he thinks about the situation. We are free to speak and say what we believe, sure with a limitation for attacking or swearing.

Agree with him, CPanel 0 interest for customer, they care only for the new partners as Oakley Capital who invest only to angry and disappointing customers, look on what they have done to Cpanel. They invest some money where they have the power to make a decision to destroy the trust of customers and send a single message (screw you, customers). This is the simple message from CPanel and Oakley Capital.

Respect for customers.

Reactions: wswd

Infopro

Staff member
May 20, 2003
Pennsylvania
forums.cpanel.net
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
As well he has the right to say what he thinks about the situation. We are free to speak and say what we believe, sure with a limitation for attacking or swearing.
Disrupting the forums is not permitted. Talking trash about the company, is disruptive.

You cannot complain about the cPanel FB shutting down comments and then drop by here for more of the same. I wont be shutting down this thread for any reason if I can help it, but I will shut down disruptive users here.

There is no reason for trash talk here as you’re assuming is ok, its not. You need to know this.

Thanks in advance.

WebHosting-UK

Dec 8, 2017
UK
web-hosting-uk.com
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Disrupting the forums is not permitted.
Thanks in advance.
But putting your hands in peoples wallets and taking more is acceptable.

What a ridiculous company you've become, you simply cant defend yourself. If anyone needs banning its yourself @Infopro as the only reply that is constantly given is "talk to cPanel Customer Service or your Account Manager".

So glad I moved to DirectAdmin and I hope the reminders that you've got wise up and move away, its not worth the hassle.

• Love
Reactions: ChrisDeVe

dilstar

Nov 20, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Why you stopped yearly package before 1st September price change, its mean you just want money, you do not care about that we sold the package for yearly to our customer, how we will manage it. cPanel is totally 100% fail to think from client end, you ruined us. we are worried and dont know where to go for suicide. cPanel is making the life hard. you should care for clients who make you no.1

InterServed

Jul 10, 2007
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Why you stopped yearly package before 1st September price change, its mean you just want money, you do not care about that we sold the package for yearly to our customer, how we will manage it. cPanel is totally 100% fail to think from client end, you ruined us. we are worried and dont know where to go for suicide. cPanel is making the life hard. you should care for clients who make you no.1
I sure agree with this. Gives me the feeling that we, the loyal customers (that paid for many years) were nothing more than guinea pigs helping them make a good product and then we get the middle finger in return (jeez thank's Nick , for selling us all, i pray no further businesses in your life will bring you any joy).
- Removed -

CanSpace

Nov 25, 2011
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
We've brought this up several times ourselves as well. cPanel knows very well that there are thousands of their clients who have sold reseller packages, vps, dedicated servers, etc, to their own clients on annual terms, and cPanel knows very well that they have completely screwed over those clients with this new licensing structure. Some of these companies will have to take massive losses or risk alienating their customer base in the same way that cPanel has alienated theirs.

Also just to preempt the standard cPanel response of "contact your account manager" - every time I've contacted cPanel, their reply to this situation has ranged from "umm.. ahh yeah I see what you mean.. that is bad" to "I'll escalate this to see what we can do" to "yeah that is a tough situation". Aka (as expected) they aren't going to do anything about it.

Of all the service providers we have dealt with in the entire existence of our company, cPanel has by far demonstrated the least concern for their clientbase. They realize that they are (for the moment) in a dominant position and are exploiting that to take advantage of their customer base. A company that treats their clients this way won't last long.

Edit: To be fair, many cPanel employees I've spoken to do seem genuinely sympathetic to our situation, and do realize the bad situation this puts many providers in. I get the feeling if it were up to them, they wouldn't be imposing such drastic changes on their clients with so little notice. These decisions are likely coming from higher up. The goal of Oakley Capital is to make as much money as possible from cPanel in as little time as possible. As many have speculated - and like most investment companies - they will likely flip the company for profit as soon as they can, so they could care less about cPanel customers and the long-term security of the company.

Last edited:

ChrisDeVe

Apr 18, 2018
UK
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Edit: To be fair, many cPanel employees I've spoken to do seem genuinely sympathetic to our situation, and do realize the bad situation this puts many providers in. I get the feeling if it were up to them, they wouldn't be imposing such drastic changes on their clients with so little notice. These decisions are likely coming from higher up. The goal of Oakley Capital is to make as much money as possible from cPanel in as little time as possible. As many have speculated - and like most investment companies - they will likely flip the company for profit as soon as they can, so they could care less about cPanel customers and the long-term security of the company.
I bet they seem. You've to view in an angle where :
1) Oakley Capital invest $50m (Oakley Capital to invest in cPanel | Oakley Capital)
2) All damage will cause by Oakley Capital will be supported by them, no lose here for CPanel.
3) As the old customer will stay or move.
4) This will be so good for Oakley Capital, everything is about marketing, why do you think they don't care because they have money to burn just for marketing target. Normally to make or try to start research some criteria in marketing the cost are so expensive so Oakley they invest in CPanel because will be too cheap to do research like this.

Per total no lose as financial, nothing will change here. As CPanel company as well, J.Nick Koston going to this path and affecting his company because I bet CPanel for him is the hart of everything but to go and damage where you start bring hate and don't care for your people that is wrong.

As well if you believe your CPanel deserve more money per customer you're wrong, CPanel is not perfect software to raise your price from $180 to $900 and the increase to be 400%.

What they didn't predict is, customers are the soul of any software, you don't respect them or you show the middle finger here you go Google Review so bad, all customers start to migrate to other software, and I bet is not only the price your customers start run away, you breach the trust of your customers, because they help you with the feedback of any issue your software has, because they sustain your business where you are so now it's time to each one as customers base show the same respect you receive from CPanel.

Again 674 comments, if you can't see Mr. CPanel betrayed the trust of your customers and only the cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist reply to anyone as "talk to cPanel Customer Service or your Account Manager" sure if that will help, but no will not help at all, from 400% they will offer you how much 10% up to 100% discount so its still 300% increase.

Disrupting the forums is not permitted. Talking trash about the company, is disruptive.
If we talking about the truth and share our experience with CPanel price increase and we share our disappointed from CPanel that is a trashing no? As well if you increase my price 400% it's not Trashing and disruptive for me? You right cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist, WE ARE TRASH (CUSTOMERS) and we Talking trash.

Respect :|

Last edited:

Infopro

Staff member
May 20, 2003
Pennsylvania
forums.cpanel.net
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
every time I've contacted cPanel, their reply to this situation has ranged from "umm.. ahh yeah I see what you mean.. that is bad" to "I'll escalate this to see what we can do" to "yeah that is a tough situation". Aka (as expected) they aren't going to do anything about it.
I'll be happy to look into this for you. But I'm unable to locate any tickets in our ticket system from you on this specific topic though. Would you mind sharing one of the ticket IDs with me?

wswd

Aug 9, 2005
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator

You cannot complain about the cPanel FB shutting down comments and then drop by here for more of the same. I wont be shutting down this thread for any reason if I can help it, but I will shut down disruptive users here.

There is no reason for trash talk here as you’re assuming is ok, its not. You need to know this.

Thanks in advance.
Talking trash??? You mean telling the truth? Not one thing I said is not based on fact. You want to shut me down, I don't care. I'm in the process of moving thousands of dollars worth of cPanel licenses to DirectAdmin. Not going to make the September deadline, unfortunately, so you guys are going to extort some extra money from me for September, but come October, my servers will all be moved. ;) All you have to do is look at the Oakley and cPanel Facebook pages and Twitter, and you'll see that dissenting opinions are not welcome. So instead of talking here, I'll just let my money do the talking, as will countless other hosts.

CanSpace

Nov 25, 2011
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
I'll be happy to look into this for you. But I'm unable to locate any tickets in our ticket system from you on this specific topic though. Would you mind sharing one of the ticket IDs with me?
Certainly. One ticket ID where we directly inquired about this was "cPanel cs ID# 12772637". You can see that in this specific ticket, the question was ignored entirely.

However I've had several phone conversations more directly discussing this issue as well. If you PM me I'd be happy to share the names of people I've had this conversation with - so they are well aware of the issue. Again they all sympathized with the situation, but their reply was more or less "yeah, that sucks" (not verbatim, but that is the message we are getting here).

In our case we'll just have to eat the cost for reseller/dedicated server/vps clients who are on annual terms with us, as we don't want to do to our customers what cPanel did to us. However considering the thousands (or even tens of thousands) of other hosting providers that must be in the same situation or worse, I find it absolutely shocking that cPanel is just hanging everyone out to dry like this.

Infopro

Staff member
May 20, 2003
Pennsylvania
forums.cpanel.net
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Certainly. One ticket ID where we directly inquired about this was...
Thank you. Yes, yearly licenses are no longer available when they expire. Yes, your bill is going up. You qualify for cPanel Partner NOC Pricing. The new WHMCS module should be helpful to you.

These links might also be of some use to police your servers that could help reduce costs as well:

CanSpace

Nov 25, 2011
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Thank you. Yes, yearly licenses are no longer available when they expire. Yes, your bill is going up. You qualify for cPanel Partner NOC Pricing. The new WHMCS module should be helpful to you.
Ummmm... ok? This doesn't at all address the issue discussed above, or the question I asked directly in that ticket (which was never replied to).

But we get it. Message received - cPanel doesn't care, and you want us to stop complaining.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Infopro cPanel Announcements 0