Announcing Account Based Pricing

lewis-teck

Apr 28, 2016
London
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
From one of my favorite companies to do business with, to one I truly loath over night. Has to be some kind of record. Was nice while it lasted, thank you for a nice and long run but now it's over.
I feel the same way. My opinion of cpanel has never been 100%, for it's lack of proper firewall (e.g. most people downloading csf), weird interface choices and slow support, but it has been 95% for what was a functional panel, free SSL certificates and seemingly decent security updates. Now it's -100. I hate this - Removed -, now unable to recommend, in fact I put down and detest any suggestion for my customers to use cPanel.

All it would have taken is to either keep the old structure but slightly increase prices, or this new structure without such a massive change and the silly discount for having over 100 accounts (which encourages account cramping), all with a bit of notice, and most of us wouldn't be complaining. But this huge spike... my god.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ChrisDeVe and wswd

americodba

Registered
Aug 27, 2019
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Actually I didn't understand it so far. They bought DirectAdmin too and we don't know? Because DirectAdmin also changed its rate card and ended the Annual Plan. What is cPanel wanting to do? They are honestly doing a great shit, but I don't think they are so confident about their monopoly. Another thing I realized is that many recurrence companies are ending Annual Plans. In fact, DirectAdmin surfed this wave and also ended the Annual Billing Cycle. What do they know we don't know? What did they see that we haven't seen yet? Just want to get rid of the discounts? Is it easier to manage the monthly billing cycle? There is something wrong.. The fact is that today we began the process of abandoning cPanel. We will also talk about cPanel's injustice to our customers. And as good influencers, we've already found a solution to show our customers that it's not worth dealing with a company that violates customer trust. They had greed, but the other pillar is fear. Customers are afraid, and we will take care that they are not only afraid but cPanel Dread. Goodbye cPanel.

dilstar

Nov 20, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Yes, cPanel is giving same message to everyone, because price is higher, so everyone now quality easily for partner, and gives minimum $250 to $500 each month to cpanel with promise

CanSpace

Nov 25, 2011
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Actually I didn't understand it so far. They bought DirectAdmin too and we don't know? Because DirectAdmin also changed its rate card and ended the Annual Plan. What is cPanel wanting to do? They are honestly doing a great shit, but I don't think they are so confident about their monopoly. Another thing I realized is that many recurrence companies are ending Annual Plans. In fact, DirectAdmin surfed this wave and also ended the Annual Billing Cycle. What do they know we don't know? What did they see that we haven't seen yet? Just want to get rid of the discounts? Is it easier to manage the monthly billing cycle? There is something wrong.. The fact is that today we began the process of abandoning cPanel. We will also talk about cPanel's injustice to our customers. And as good influencers, we've already found a solution to show our customers that it's not worth dealing with a company that violates customer trust. They had greed, but the other pillar is fear. Customers are afraid, and we will take care that they are not only afraid but cPanel Dread. Goodbye cPanel.
Just to clarify here, DirectAdmin has not ended annual licenses - it just doesn't show up on their main pricing page. The only thing they got rid of was the "lifetime" licenses - which to be honest was probably fair. They've actually added some new competitive smaller licenses as well.

They've obviously seen how quickly everyone is ditching cPanel because of their crazy price increases, so I doubt they would shoot themselves in the foot and go that same route themselves.

That being said I think that one thing everyone has learned from this whole ordeal is that it's probably good to diversify and not be dependent on any one provider or service, because any one of them could "pull a cPanel" on you at any time.

Reactions: dilstar

ChrisDeVe

Apr 18, 2018
UK
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Yes, DA was removing the year license for new customers, they will keep support the old and new customer where they order the year license. Here respect DA, the worst part is for new customer not able to choose that path it’s sucks but I believe it’s not only DA option here.

But again, WHMCS, now DA at lease they respect old customers and keep what they have. CPanel will force your product as monthly were no option for you, as I’ve share my case will be from $200 to $900 year. That is huge increase.

CPanel, here is the difference when someone respect the customers. Maybe you should take or learn to respect your customer base. Maybe somebody need to teach how to respect.

Thanks

crshep

Sep 26, 2006
Disrupting the forums is not permitted. Talking trash about the company, is disruptive.

You cannot complain about the cPanel FB shutting down comments and then drop by here for more of the same. I wont be shutting down this thread for any reason if I can help it, but I will shut down disruptive users here.

There is no reason for trash talk here as you’re assuming is ok, its not. You need to know this.

Thanks in advance.

Then defend cpanels actions instead of just talking down to all these people in the forums by saying you can't say that , don't talk to this person that way. ECT. defend their actions and start answering questions instead of deflecting.

Reactions: wswd

crshep

Sep 26, 2006
No thank you. There's nothing to defend. The Pricing Structure changed, a business decision was made.

If you've got questions, well... you know the answer to that one.

yes the answer is NOT to ask you or in the fourms since no one knows and by reading these forums it looks like sending in a ticket is a waste of time they don't know either. You must have stocks in oakly or cpanel or what ever name will be closing up soon by all your comments well cash out soon is all I can say.

AndyB78

Oct 7, 2003
Romania
www.prezenta-web.com
I am doing my best to refrain (at this time) from commenting on this situation but I do have one specific question about the current pricing.

So at this time (well, from September), for Partner NOCs there are available 2 systems:
1. "Premier" base plan + 0.10$ for each account over 100.
2. "Premier fixed" base plan that start from 32$ for 100 accounts and a number of larger "Premier fixed" plans + 5$ for each 50 account slab for those that need more accounts than the Premier Fixed plans.

My questions is this: what is the price for the "Premier" base plan (the base plan from #1 above) for Partner NOCs?

I'd like an answer either from a cPanel staff member or from someone who knows this very well first hand.

Thanks!

AndyB78

Oct 7, 2003
Romania
www.prezenta-web.com
I do NOT have a cPanel Account Manager. Is this a trade secret or something? I have only asked what is the regular base price for the "Premier" base plan. I have not asked for some NDA protected special discounts kind of information.

Infopro

cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
Staff member
May 20, 2003
Pennsylvania
forums.cpanel.net
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
My questions is this: what is the price for the "Premier" base plan (the base plan from #1 above) for Partner NOCs?
Please feel free to discuss Partner NOC Pricing with cPanel Customer Service via the ticket system.

I have only asked what is the regular base price for the "Premier" base plan.
New cPanel Account Tiers Pricing can be found here:

crshep

Sep 26, 2006
I do NOT have a cPanel Account Manager. Is this a trade secret or something? I have only asked what is the regular base price for the "Premier" base plan. I have not asked for some NDA protected special discounts kind of information.

Bottom line they don't know they will make it up at the time per an account. if it was known you would THINK an Employee of cpanel would know the simple basic prices and questions which they don't here or the ticket system.

CanSpace

Nov 25, 2011
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
I am doing my best to refrain (at this time) from commenting on this situation but I do have one specific question about the current pricing.

So at this time (well, from September), for Partner NOCs there are available 2 systems:
1. "Premier" base plan + 0.10$ for each account over 100.
2. "Premier fixed" base plan that start from 32$ for 100 accounts and a number of larger "Premier fixed" plans + 5$ for each 50 account slab for those that need more accounts than the Premier Fixed plans.

I'd like an answer either from a cPanel staff member or from someone who knows this very well first hand.

Thanks!
It's still $32. On a dedicated server you can only use the "Premier" license, and if you have 2 or 100 accounts (or anything in between) the price is $32. Beyond 100 it's $0.10 extra per account.

Oakley Capital has engineered a pricing increase that not only exploits clients with a large number of accounts, but also those with only a tiny number of accounts.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Infopro cPanel Announcements 0