Announcing Account Based Pricing

crshep

Sep 26, 2006
I do! I've worked for cPanel on these forums, for over nine years now.

Thank you for your concern for my well being. I wish you the best as well.
WOW I wouldn't brag about that since you don't seem to know any answers to any of these questions. Working 9 years with a company one would think you may have accidentally learned something where you could answer simple questions like how much is your product. But as we can see not just me you don't know how much either and how cpanel will price things.

Attachments

Reactions: twhiting9275

crshep

Sep 26, 2006
I consider this post by you, disruptive.
Sorry just the way I see it since you don't seem to answer questions but just make comments like this one about people. It's MUCH easier to post "disruptive" then answering real questions. Oh yea still looking for the link you said you posted that explains everything......

CanSpace

Nov 25, 2011
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Of interest, Liquid Web has just published a blog post in response to the massive cPanel price increases:

cPanel’s announcement came as a shock to us, and this dramatic change has caught the entire hosting industry by surprise. While incremental price increases are expected from providers from time to time, this sudden and dramatic pricing increase has put businesses of all sizes in a difficult position.
You can read the full post here. Liquid Web happens to own InterWorx panel, and it looks like they'll be pushing that hard going forward. They will be offering all their clients free migration away from cPanel to InterWorx to avoid any price increases:

We are pleased to announce that Liquid Web owns a competing control panel, Interworx, that will allow our customers to avoid the price increase altogether. And, because of the uncertainty that cPanel’s pricing has introduced into the control panel market, Liquid Web will be providing a price lock guarantee that ensures that the Interworx price will not increase for 3 years from January 1, 2020.
For Liquid Web customers who want to avoid a price increase of any kind, we will be working with you to migrate to the Interworx control panel. Migrations to InterWorx will happen over the next several months and you will be given ample notice and more details on what to expect in the upcoming weeks. We are working hard on the process and automation to reduce customer impact.
Obviously everyone saw this coming, and the hosting market will of course continue to fragment over the next several months and years. The big headache will be for hosting providers who will now have to help clients migrate from a plethora of different panels. Interesting times ahead!

Edit: For those who aren't aware, SiteGround has also announced they will be moving off cPanel and on to their own custom panel as well. You can see their post here. What's interesting is that they have supposedly been developing this panel for the last 3 years and officially decided to move over to it more or less right after the cPanel announcement. I wonder if this was just a big coincidence, or perhaps SiteGround had some inside knowledge that these dramatic price increases were coming.

deltastar

Nov 22, 2006
I ordered and got a trial license from Interworx.
Could install it successfully.
Within 24 hours an email came with the following message:

Priority: Medium - Issue is causing disruption, but not too serious.
Closed' as we have not received a response from you in 24 hours.

That is poor.
Okay, I threw out Interworx immediately.
A control panel owned by a hosting company
is not a good choice.

The price of $ 20 is likely to increase in January.

And - I'm sorry - cPanel is better.

ChrisDeVe

Apr 18, 2018
UK
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
@deltastar , I disagree with you, in both way they are not better, you could say maybe it's good because it's Webhosting company they know what a web hosting need. Comparing with CPanel no that will be wrong.

But you have to put in this way, as you reference "A control panel owned by a hosting company". But a control panel manages or driven by Oakley Capital investment, where they took WHMCS, PLESK, etc... do you think it's a good choice?

Well you've to realize Interworx, maybe will not be up to your standard or mine, but I don't believe they will screw you as CPanel did, CPanel force all customers *year payment to migrate to monthly, you don't have any unlimited customers, no notification, less time to adapt, increase over 400%+ in my case and other. Look, they start to spread hate among people, that is wrong.

I will be more happy to work with Interworx compare with CPanel, I know CPanel will be better but why I should support a company where they don't have a respect for you and show the middle finger, they force you to migrate to something you don't agree as my agreement was paying each year that amount.

No wonder why people start ditching Cpanel, I'm 100% is not only the money, it's just the respect they get after 5/year+ they support Cpanel, we have people where they are over 10/year.

Look it's 2, September, so for them we're NULL, NONE, ZERO, 0.

That is so wrong.

People speak about DA, yes they are cheap but they took the same path as removing year payment but I'm 100% and they are confirmation were the customers are not been affected or forced to change the price like you have done Mr. CPanel, Yes they lost me because with remove of year payment and no alternative I'm not migrating to DA, but we got more option. Cpanel, I'm out as I will never attach a monthly payment and I can't afford to do that.

PS: DA has not changed the price, they just remove the lifetime and year payment*

Thanks

Last edited:

Mr.Novo

Apr 9, 2017
Istanbul
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I've a question. Did i missed something ?

Update to Account-Based Pricing | cPanel Blog at this page Premier Fixed 250 is $44,50 but there is no option for that.

After writing that sentence i read the document again and see that discounted prices are for partners, thats on me, my bad. I was ok with the pricing update after i see this blog post.

So there is no update for Store Licensing. Which doubles our licensing expenses. $45 i could live with, but $75 i dont know.

I'm just droping this here so if there is any other confused dumbs like me can see that.

twhiting9275

Sep 26, 2002
www.whmcsguru.com
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
why I should support a company where they don't have a respect for you and show the middle finger
Of course, you shouldn't. And, to be quite honest, cPanel doesn't care. At the end of the day, they just don't give a damn if you leave or stay. It's just that simple. If they did, they would have listened months ago

it's just the respect they get after 5/year+ they support Cpanel, we have people where they are over 10/year.
I've been an active cPanel user since 2000. Not so much on this forum, but that doesn't mean I haven't supported them, or owned at least one license. For 19 years. Once I got wind of what was coming down with this? I bailed. NOT because I couldn't afford it (come on, for me, it was a mere $25/month increase), but because of how they are treating their paying customers! I guess this should really surprise nobody though.

People like me built cPanel up. We were loyal to the product, despite being jacked around when it came to support (seriously), and development. Now, we've been jacked around and treated like garbage by bean counters . Well, enough is enough.

Me? I've actually ended up saving money, oddly enough! I went from paying $75/month for a VPS/license/software licenses to paying under $30, so hey, that's a decent bit of change back in my pocket.

At the end of the day, it comes down to this:
cPanel is going to see a (short term) influx of cash. This will offset those like myself who are leaving (for now).
In the LONG term, cPanel is going to see more people dropping, more larger companies, who are migrating customers off to other panels dropping their services.
This is precisely why they made the decision they did when it came to timing and wording. They knew if they gave people time to move off, everyone would.

deltastar

Nov 22, 2006
I understand you, because the emergency doors were closed in relation to the annual licenses.
If you use a foreign control panel you are always dependent. That's really risky because the business policy
can be changed at any time. If the panel belongs to a competitive company it could be that you will be quit overnight.
Success of the competitor is not welcome.

You are wise not to go to DA That means you are an instinct fighter.

Yesterday I installed Plesk Onyx. The installation was easy and fast. This panel is great. No doubt about it.

I looked at the migration tool and made a screenshot.
This screenshot shows the friends of Plesk.
ChrisDeVe what can you see on it?
Pictures are better than words.

The new flagship Plesk Obsidian follows. This will be the most advanced panel in the world.

BTW: cPanel your autoscale tool is faulty. 30 accounts are not 31!
Our cPanel partner seems to be a wimp or is the partner already gone under.

Attachments

ChrisDeVe

Apr 18, 2018
UK
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
@deltastar , I will give a try but I'm a sceptic on Plesk. Plesk it's own by Oakley Capital investment, they will bring instability of subscription. You'll buy the license and they will force you to migrate to a new price.

I don't trust any software manage by Oakley Capital investment, you've too many panels with lower price and they got a decent platform like CWP or other like ISPConfig. The greedy company doesn't deserve any support from us.

Regards

Reactions: wswd

lewis-teck

Apr 28, 2016
London
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
@deltastar , I will give a try but I'm a sceptic on Plesk. Plesk it's own by Oakley Capital investment, they will bring instability of subscription. You'll buy the license and they will force you to migrate to a new price.

I don't trust any software manage by Oakley Capital investment, you've too many panels with lower price and they got a decent platform like CWP or other like ISPConfig. The greedy company doesn't deserve any support from us.

Regards
I too won't touch anything that has been or is being touched by Oakley. They'll just turn everything to poop.

twhiting9275

Sep 26, 2002
www.whmcsguru.com
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
PLESK offers a good deal and has a migration tool from cPanel! 20 USD a month!
Bonus! You'll be in the same position within a year or two
Oakley (the company owning cPanel) also owns Plesk!

Reactions: ChrisDeVe

AdiosMonopoly

Registered
Sep 6, 2019
Portugal
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I want to say Good-bye cPanel, I will be missing you. It's just I can't pay so much more for my hosting in this already destroyed economy where every corporation and government is trying to squeeze my life juice and my last earnings. Farewell!

ChrisDeVe

Apr 18, 2018
UK
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
PLESK offers a good deal and has a migration tool from cPanel! 20 USD a month!
Can you guarantee the price and my subscription will not change?

You see, the Oakley Capital investment starts with WHMCS, then with Plesk, after that CPanel. The price change without notification, after 1 year you will see your bill will increase again. Why? Oakley Capital investment target is PROFIT ONLY.

Not recommended, NO TRUST

SP Hosting

Registered
Jan 24, 2019
OR
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Like the thousands of people we are all super super upset by all this! This forces everyone to make major changes, and really hurts small hosting companies. I can’t believe they are doing this. They need to figure out another way to make more money, but not this! They should be trying to focus on 3rd party Addons they pay them instead of squeezing money from us.

The structure in which they are making this change is extremely difficult for many, they are taking advantage of us for always choosing them... At least do a $ amount extra but this is ridiculous!

DennisMidjord

Sep 27, 2016
Denmark
chosting.dk
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
This forces everyone to make major changes
I agree to it being a very drastic change in pricing with almost no warning. But, "everyone" won't have to make major changes to keep their company living. We're making absolutely no changes in our prices, we still offer the exact same service with the exact same features.

I don't like the idea of having to pay per-account, but I understand the reasoning behind implementing this. They want to eliminate companies from virtualizing an entire dedicated server and pay for the price of 1 VPS license while hosting thousands of clients on the same license.

This new pricing structure will definately less profitable for us, but licenses for cPanel is only a very small percentage of our expenses.

ChrisDeVe

Apr 18, 2018
UK
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Welcome to real-life guys, Cpanel doesn't give a crap about your opinion, this is the gratitude you deserve as been Cpanel Customer for a long time.

Nothing will change I'm 100% of that.

Hey folks! Your feedback has been taken to heart, and we will be providing an update to the community Friday sometime.

Thank you for your continued support. We’ll chat soon.
They took this in the hart and change nothing, they prove we are trash and this will not be changed at all. You've to realize lots of partners will stay with them because is like you're in jail and you can't do anything about it.

As we smaller hosters, who care about you? Cpanel (LOL)

I'm really sorry for you and trust me (JUSTICE) will be served soon!

Hope the Cpanel community they will step forward and leave we've plenty of panels and so cheap or free. I can't believe how many people still support this, because customer like CPanel, c'mon you can take any panel and make the design same and done, that will save thousands and as well the free or small.

You've to understand when a company like CPanel treat customers like trash and doesn't care about you this abuse will be forever and this will not go away as Oakley Capital investment is here.

Don't forget, we're the people who grow the Cpanel, we should deserve all the appreciation as spending time to report and pay for a product.

Last edited:

wswd

Aug 9, 2005
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
We're making absolutely no changes in our prices, we still offer the exact same service with the exact same features.
You must not sell VPS or dedicated servers, because unless you are running a charity, the prices will absolutely change. You're right, shared hosting isn't a big deal, but reseller hosting is. You now have to adjust your packages and charge your resellers per account. How do you manage that without changing your billing system? VPS/Dedicated is damn near impossible to keep track of. You have to attempt to charge them after the fact, at the end of the month, because you have no idea how many accounts they're going to use. You have zero control over how many accounts you use. What happens if you have a dedicated customer who decides to create a million accounts, and then leave you high and dry at the end of the month?

I have no problem at all with a company raising prices after all these years; it's probably overdue. But the per account pricing makes it incredibly difficult as far as accounting is concerned.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Infopro cPanel Announcements 0