DennisMidjord

Sep 27, 2016
Denmark
chosting.dk
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
You must not sell VPS or dedicated servers
We do.

You now have to adjust your packages and charge your resellers per account. How do you manage that without changing your billing system?
By not giving our service away for free ;-) We don't offer resellerhosting for $1 for 100 accounts. We've always charged our resellers based on how many accounts they want to be able to create.

VPS/Dedicated is damn near impossible to keep track of
You can track that through Manage2.

What happens if you have a dedicated customer who decides to create a million accounts, and then leave you high and dry at the end of the month?
Become a partner if you're not already - that solves your issue :)

webmaestro

Registered
Sep 12, 2019
Toledo, OH
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
I have been a loyal cpanel user for decades. I had a brief experience with plesk and ran back to cpanel. But I now feel a strong motivation to look at alternatives. One of the most disappointing things I've seen since I've been in business is when a company takes over a product or service and runs it into the ground. This cpanel change gives me flashbacks to when EIG bought Hostgator and the previously solid product and service went to hell. I will now be looking at cpanel alternatives with my server provider. Very frustrating and sad turn of events.

Reactions: wswd

wswd

Aug 9, 2005
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
By not giving our service away for free ;-) We don't offer resellerhosting for $1 for 100 accounts. We've always charged our resellers based on how many accounts they want to be able to create.
I don't either, but at $0.15 - $0.20 per account, that's a major price change for your resellers. 100 accounts would be $20/mo. just for cPanel. Even if you had a 100 account reseller plan for $40/mo, you either raise the price considerably, or you take a 50% hit in profit.

You can track that through Manage2.

Become a partner if you're not already - that solves your issue :)
Doesn't solve anything. The billing model now changes to post-usage instead of pre-usage. Like I said, if a dedicated server client or VPS client creates a million cPanel accounts on their server, then just leaves without paying, who is stuck with that bill? In the past, they would pay for the license at the begining of the month, and there was no additional cost based on usage.

Actually...you know what solved my issue? Moving to DirectAdmin. Our migration is almost complete on all our servers, and we also ceased offering cPanel licenses on VPS and dedi. That's the real way of solving this issue.

dc1177

Jun 13, 2019
Sweden
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Actually...you know what solved my issue? Moving to DirectAdmin. Our migration is almost complete on all our servers, and we also ceased offering cPanel licenses on VPS and dedi. That's the real way of solving this issue.
Can you please share your experience with DirectAdmin and if there is a guide to migrate?

Tam

Jul 31, 2004
www.ukwhmcpanelresellerhosting.com
Cancelling all of our cPanel licenses right now, this is a massive price increase for dedicated servers even with a single account. Unacceptable.
Should the Solo, Admin or Pro prices be applicable to dedicated servers and not Cloud only, then we may reconsider, but once migrated why would we make the effort to migrate back?

ChrisDeVe

Apr 18, 2018
UK
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Cancelling all of our cPanel licenses right now, this is a massive price increase for dedicated servers even with a single account. Unacceptable.
Should the Solo, Admin or Pro prices be applicable to dedicated servers and not Cloud only, then we may reconsider, but once migrated why would we make the effort to migrate back?
No, you don't, they are so sure people will support the move, they believe you don't have any alternative and you will stay, but customers care about TRUST, they will leave and prove them wrong.

AlbaHost

Registered
Nov 16, 2015
Tirana, Albania
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
This is the most bad thing that ever whm cpanel have made in his history, althrought everyone is moving away bigest companies aswell like linode, iniz etc, including us we have to cancell at the end of this month all of our licenses and moved to interworx. Even if cpanel will be free after we migrate we will not use it anymore. You should shame on yourself and you will, im pretty sure about this!

Can you please share your experience with DirectAdmin and if there is a guide to migrate?
Maybe you might try interworx, which it's really great panel and it has cpanel migration per account or in mass transfer. That's what we used to manage.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Infopro cPanel Announcements 0