Announcing Account Based Pricing

postcd

Oct 22, 2010
Someone deleted a helpful link that i have posted, in my previous post, i was linking to the page with the list of the +"Best free hosting control panels for the Linux server"
Try to search for this phrase including + mark on duck.com

Reactions: Lisaweb

lumina

Registered
May 1, 2008
I used CPANEL on different servers since 2008. I'm very disappointed by this important modifications on price and strategy. I was happy with CPANEL and their stable products.
It's important to have reliable partners when you are building a business. We will have to take a lot of our time to find other PANEL systems.

Another move that will be great: have discounts depending on how many years we are customers... No business model for old customers... It will be a great idea to take care about your customers and not only your shareholders...

The worst things to come: lot of big hosting companies are offering solutions to quit CPANEL to new panel, it will be a big mess the next months and the panel they offer are not so stable... but people will go where it's cheaper, final customers are so careless about security, they want the cheaper offers!

When we heard this news, it was a very bad day for us.

dc1177

Jun 13, 2019
Sweden
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Either we like it or not.. the decisions are taken mostly by people who check numbers. If these people made good calculations, then cPanel will still be profitable.

Other than that my guesses are:
- Some or many customers will either move to a free panel or close down
- The company that owns cPanel will attempt to buy the most popular free panels and turn them into paid solutions/services
- The company that owns cPanel will buy out some of the companies that cannot survive after this change
- The company that owns cPanel will start offering webhosting services with a profitable price.

In other words..

The ones who can maintain a hosting server will have to drop out since will not be profitable.

The ones who need a webhosting services and they don't know how to do it on their own.. will have to pay the price. The difference will be that the money will go directly to cPanel.

Let me remind you.. those were just some guesses.. I did not say these will happen..

Ts3Hosting

Registered
Oct 24, 2019
USA
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I am starting a new business and currently using the trial but after reading all these reviews i do not know the direction i will be taking as the prices now for starting out on a dedicated machine it 45.00 just for no accounts per month and if i get say 2 to 4 accounts per month i will never catch up to the 45.00 fee per month.

Ts3Hosting

Registered
Oct 24, 2019
USA
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I am starting a new business and currently using the trial but after reading all these reviews i do not know the direction i will be taking as the prices now for starting out on a dedicated machine it 45.00 just for no accounts per month and if i get say 2 to 4 accounts per month i will never catch up to the 45.00 fee per month.
Is there no way to get a lower package for a dedicated server?

MarceloKonrath

Jun 8, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello

Is this functionality available in WHMCS?

https://blog.cpanel.com/update-to-account-based-pricing/

"WHMCS Automates Billing for New Licensing Model
If you are an existing WHMCS customer, we will only make the new cPanel & WHM hosting pricing model effective once the new WHMCS functionality is available to support the new pricing model. You will continue to be charged at the current pricing rate until 30 days after the release of this new functionality."

Thank you
Marcelo

tank

Apr 12, 2011
Chicago, IL
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Figured I had to say something. I am just a small business. What principals is Cpanel exhibiting here... The sad truth is that some other company will replace Cpanel, we just have to wait for it to happen or Cpanels owners tank the company then offload cpanel to some other company. The idea that you are too big to fail has been proven wrong many times. I feel sorry for the employees. This obviously wasn't thought out very well. The owners are out of touch with the customer. I think it's important to note there was no structured increase in prices. They basically threw the price increase at the wall and hope that it stuck.

Very disappointing but we knew this day might come when cpanel was sold. August 20th, 2018 cpanel officially started dying in my opinion.

I agree with many posts here. I will be exploring other options because cpanel can't handle a price increase, how are they going to handle more complicated concepts. Price increases are something every company does but most don't fail so miserably.

We are the consumer- take our business / money elsewhere

Ts3Hosting

Registered
Oct 24, 2019
USA
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Still trying to read threw all this has cpanel even put and answers out on this matter scene the customers reviews of this post? From what i am seeing happening as i have seen before they want the bigger company's money so increasing there price while drooping the small company will not affect there current income. This is how ts3 died

postcd

Oct 22, 2010
DirectAdmin is not that good. I do not see they offer any friendly importer. You have to find the topic on their forum to follow some instructions and importer has several issues.
DA itself is useable and OK. Can recommend people go with reseller hosting as you will get the best value. A few bucks for the account where you can add tens of direct admin accounts.

Keegan

Oct 22, 2001
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Anything "Cloud" anything "Smart" is no good. Little techies spying and sniffing on the backs of all the developers make a business model on it, package it and sell it as an exciting thing.

Never received an e-mail, never received a warning just monthly billing went up more than double.

Already found a free alternative fortunately. Bye cpanel.

Joined Oct 22, 2001

Reactions: wswd

herek

Registered
Nov 1, 2019
Brazil
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
Hello, this is very bad and I will have to move my servers to PLESK. The new cost for the Cpanel will he way higher than the servers.

Completely absurd

Reactions: postcd

Lisaweb

Jun 27, 2007
This is such an incredibly egregious action of greed and hostility upon the hosting industry of which cPanel supposedly serves, that myself (as a long time web developer) will be switching out all my customer's server to use DirectAdmin instead. It's the least I can do to show my support for the industry that's always had my back.

wswd

Aug 9, 2005
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello, this is very bad and I will have to move my servers to PLESK. The new cost for the Cpanel will he way higher than the servers.

Completely absurd
As noted many times in this thread, the owners of cPanel also own Plesk. Move somewhere else completely, such as Direct Admin.

postcd

Oct 22, 2010
I hope there will be more tutorials (there already are some) and the tools that will help with the migration to other panels.

hyperion911

Registered
Nov 6, 2019
Romania
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi all,

I have a metal server with 250 accounts, i intend to buy a premier 100 pck and extra accounts to be per user taxed. My question is: how cpanel (and when) know the accounts number and when i will pay for it?
Thanks,

Keegan

Oct 22, 2001
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Hi all,

I have a metal server with 250 accounts, i intend to buy a premier 100 pck and extra accounts to be per user taxed. My question is: how cpanel (and when) know the accounts number and when i will pay for it?
Thanks,
You need another server.

LICK OBEY PAY

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I cPanel Announcements 0