Announcing Account Based Pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewis-teck

Apr 28, 2016
London
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I wonder that too, what's more silly is the little notice, the extent of the changes, and how Oakley Capital has taken over CloudLinux, Plesk and BuycPanel. What's next, DirectAdmin?

CORRECTION:

I was meant to say they own SolusVM and are believed to have a significant stake in CloudLinux. BuycPanel kept Softaculous but pushed out other software like WHMExtra so wouldn't be surprised if they own or are going to own that either

Last edited:
Reactions: wswd

lewis-teck

Apr 28, 2016
London
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Can you provide a link to the CloudLinux take over please?
Apologies, I misspoke. I was meant to say they own SolusVM and are believed to have a significant stake in CloudLinux. BuycPanel kept Softaculous but pushed out other software like WHMExtra so wouldn't be surprised if they own or are going to own that either

deltastar

Nov 22, 2006
2019 does not want to end. WebPros is for sale. Who will be the new owner? I'm really curious who gets the contract.

parawing742

Dec 31, 2003
Tennessee
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Reactions: wswd

CanSpace

Nov 25, 2011
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Haha.. this was far too predictable. As everyone in this thread speculated would happen, Oakley dramatically raised cPanel prices to increase valuation, and cashed out before cPanel starts hemorrhaging customers.

This was a cash grab plain and simple, and Oakley knows when to get out of a sinking ship.

Reactions: lewis-teck and wswd

wswd

Aug 9, 2005
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Haha.. this was far too predictable. As everyone in this thread speculated would happen, Oakley dramatically raised cPanel prices to increase valuation, and cashed out before cPanel starts hemorrhaging customers.

This was a cash grab plain and simple, and Oakley knows when to get out of a sinking ship.
Of course!! Everyone saw this coming, except apparently the cPanel employees. Would love to see what they have to say about it now.

Todd Mitchell

Staff member
Nov 13, 2006
Houston, TX
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about our account based licensing and pricing model. The feedback you have provided has been gathered and distributed internally to the appropriate teams.

As the licensing and pricing model is now fully implemented, feedback should now be sent to your account manager or to our customer service department ([email protected]).

Thank you again for your business and for taking time out of your day to provide valuable feedback.

Todd Mitchell

• Angry
Reactions: lewis-teck
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I cPanel Announcements 0