The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Announcing mod_security rules database!

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by irchs, Mar 27, 2005.

1. irchs

irchs Well-Known Member

http://modsecrules.monkeydev.org/index.php

Over the past few days, I have been building a PHP system that stores mod_security rules in a convenient format that is easily downloadable via wget, and other methods. This database also has an aggressiveness classification system, which allows rules that may break some PHP scripts to be placed in more aggressive categories. Users can then download which ever rule category they wish. This rule database can be submitted to by anyone, and needs to be adminned properly.

At the moment, I am the only admin, and when I go back to uni, it will be impossible to do it by myself. This could be a real benefit to the community, and I am appealing for admins to lend their time to adminning this database. It's all done through a nice web interface.

Take a look: http://modsecrules.monkeydev.org/index.php

If you wish to become an admin, please email me at chs@phucknut.net with the following details:

Your name and stuff
    E-mail address
    A bit about yourself, and your history with mod_security.

Admins must be trust worthy, responsible people, as this could be used VERY widely to help secure servers. Please only email me if you have extensive experience with mod_sec, and know the syntax fairly well.

Thanks very much

Jan

2. damainman

damainman Well-Known Member

Got your site book marked. Been looking for something like that for awhile, and will be spreading the word. :) Goodluck on it,

3. Jorel

Jorel Well-Known Member

404 error?

4. chae

chae Well-Known Member

Same Here 404