The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Annoyed!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by irisheyes, Apr 20, 2007.

1. irisheyes

irisheyes Registered

Thank you Cpanel for doing an upgrade on the server my website is at (ServerPro) without so much as a warning first so that I could make sure that I have the latest backup of everything, now I suppose I'll loose loads of posts from my new site/forum, or are you kindly going to restore everything for me?! Btw, I had no warning about this from ServerPro either!:mad:

2. DaveUsedToWorkHere

DaveUsedToWorkHere Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for your troubles. We do not have access to your server. If your server's upgrade settings are automatic, then it will be updated whenever a new version comes out. The server owner can set upgrades to manual if they would like.

Any issues with data loss on your site would be independent of our upgrades as we do not modify user's sites during upgrades. If you have an issue with your site or backups, please contact your web host as we have no connection with the server that your site is on other than it is running our software.

3. irisheyes

irisheyes Registered

Ok thank you and apologies for my annoyed post.

4. DaveUsedToWorkHere

DaveUsedToWorkHere Well-Known Member

No problem. I hope you are able to get things sorted out. If you are able to, some hosts allow you to create a full backup of your site from within your cPanel interface, I'd definitely recommend making one somewhat frequently in case something like this happens again.

5. irisheyes

irisheyes Registered

I do make frequent backups, today was one of my backup days but they took everything down to do the latest upgrade before I had the chance to do the backup, thanks for your help anyway.